Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL PRIMARY SCHOOL LEAVING EXAMINATION
Time: 1:30 Hours Monday, 6" September 2010 o.m.
Choose the correct answer and write its letter beside the question number in the answer sheet provided.
1. Whieh among the following is not an advantage of sports and games for our health?
2. Water mixed with sugar and salt is the first aid given to a patient suffering from
3. One of the following diseases is not sexually transmitted:
4. Which of the following vitamins is made in the body in the presence of sunlight?
5.What is the importance of vaccination to human beings?
6. What type of bacteria causes tuberculosis?
7.Factories are not supposed to be built near human settlements because
8.The following activities destroy water sources except
9. A large percentage of the earth's surface is covered by water. Most of this water is found in the
10. The highland area is the best place for pit latrine construction because
11. An outflow of ground water is known as
12. The necessary requirements for seed germination are
13. A group of living things that live in both water and land is known as
14. Which among the following organisms is not a mammal?
15. Carefully study Figure 1 then answer the question that follows.
The organism which is shown in Figure 1 feeds on
16. What kind of habitat suits a plant with characteristic features of the plant drawn in
17.Why do some plants not shed their leaves during rain seasons?
18.The diagram in Figure 3 shows a picture of a flower.
Which part attracts insects for pollination?
19. Electricity produced by a dry cell originates from which type of energy?
20. Kibata used 50 newtons to push a wall from morning to evening unsuccessfully, Which of the following is correct with regards to the action?
21. If the angle of incident ray on the plane mirror is 60°, what is the value of the angle of reflection?
22. Observe Figure 4 then answer the question that follows.
If electric current passing through the circuit is 5 amperes, the resistance of the wire in the circuit is ohm.
23.Mzee Juakali hang a bar magnet in the air. Which direction will the north pole of the magnet point to?
24.Musa spent 10 newtons to push a wheelbarrow a distance of 5 metres. The workdone by Musa was equivalent to how many Joules?
25.In a scientific investigation, what makes a person foresee the results?
26.The experiment on seed germination was conducted as in Figure 5.
What is the important thing missing for seed germination?
27. In scientific experiments, sense organs used to identify things are
28. The following data were obtained after measuring the heights of five plants in cm: 10, 12, 15, 28 and 40. The average height of the plants in cm is
29. What is the major purpose of producing different types of hybrid seeds?
30. Which one of the following instruments is used to measure length?
31. The ozone layer is important in
32. The most shining planet is
33. How many days does the earth take to make one revolution around the sun?
34. The blood circulatory system is composed of the following:
35. Waste products filtered by the kidney are carried to the gall bladder through a tube called
36. Study figure 6 of the tooth then answer the question that follows
Letter Z in the figure represents____
37.Which part of the heart pumps blood to various parts of the body?
38.Study Figure 7 and then answer the question that follows:
In which state of matter is the sugar inside the beaker?
39. Rusting of iron is an example of which change of state?
40 Which among the following groups of food represents food rich in vitamin A?
41. Which measure should be taken to prevent malnutrition
42.If there is no change in the weight of matter, what name is given to such a change?
43.Marasmus is a type of malnutrition caused by
44. What type of nutrients are found in body building foods?
45. Study the following food chain then answer the following question.
PLANT → BUFFALO → CHEETAH.
In this food chain, what will happen if cheetah will migrate from the environment?
Answer questions 46 — 50 by writing a single word in the answer sheet provided.
46. Sound that has been reflected and heard again is called______________
47. A person who fishes by using fishing hook is an example of order lever.
48. In female reproduction the hormone responsible for increasing the thickness of the uterus after implantation is called___________
49. A combination of hydrogen and oxygen gas yield a compound known as_________
50. _________ is a gas which occupies the largest part of air.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4