10.A Cheetah normally...........faster than a tiger
11. We watched TV for .............hour
12.I have to wake up early ........ be in school on time
so that to
in order that
so as to
13. Many children like ivory sweets, ....
14.I saw a cat in the bush ............cat was black in colour.
15. Chausiku does all the home work ... she wants to be first in class.
16. The man ................shirt was torn was in the academic office
17. In our class. Jalia is.................than Jamila
18. .........you study hard you are going to fail
19. Juma had ............of time to prepare for his examinations
20. Our class monitor put the English books..............the table
21. .....is hunger because of the poor rainfall
22. How ..............money do you need to buy a bus?
23. You can................go to school or to the farm
24. Write the indirect speech for the sentence: "Im trying to get home in time," Ally said.
Ally told us that he tried to get home in time.
Ally reporteed to us that he wanted to get home earlier.
Ally said to us that he tried to get home in time.
Ally said that he want to get home in time.
Ally said that he was trying to get home in time.
25. This is the ......... news I have ever heard.
26. Jane is a friend ......... I share the front desk.
27. Has Maganga Ever............off his bicycle?
28. Jane had to go ... ... ... anne because she was sick.
29. The headmaster switched ...... . . the television to watch the football match.
30. Is there................room for him to sleep in?
For each of the following questions, choose the correct answer and shade its letter in the answer sheet.
31. The political leader of a country which does not have a king or queen is called .
32. The sister of your mother is your..................
33. The citizen of Sudan is a.................
34.A lady who is not married is called a .........
35.The three of us were winners. Ali was the first, John the third and I was the ........
36. The opposite of forget is..........
This Section has four mixed sentences. Arrange the sentences so as to make a good composition giving them letter A — D. Shade the letter of the correct answer.
37. Take honey bees as an example.
38. They produce wax which can be used in many ways.
39. There are many kinds of insects around us.
40. Some of the insects are beneficial while others are harmful.
Read the following passage carefully and then answer the questions that follow by shading the letter of the correct answer.
It was the racing day and there were many contestants. "Look! I can see the Elephant and the Lion" shouted the Antelope. "I can see the Goat and the Monkey!" cried the Zebra. "And I can see the Chameleon and the Hare!" cried the Snake. All the animals were excited. The Hare was so excited that he did not notice an animal holding on to it tail. Suddenly the race began. An the contestants began running as fast as they could. "Snake, lets climb to the top of the hill said the Frog. "Then we can see how our friend Chameleon will complete among all these faster runners and we will see the end of the race clearly.
The Hare ran faster than all the other animals. "Look! The Hare is winning!" cried the snake "But where is the Chameleon?" the Frog asked. "Cant you see him?" the Snake cried. "Hes holding onto the back of the Hare!"
The Frog laughed. Just then the Hare reached the throne. He sat down on the throne, and called. "I m the first on the throne! Im the king of the forest." To the surprise of many, the Chameleon told the Hare that he had been on the seat before him. The Frog and the Snake were very happy because their friend was the new king. "Lets go and celebrate our victory," they sang.
41. Which animal was cleaver than the Hare?
42. Which word in the story is used to refer to runners in a race?
43.The frog and snake went...........to watch the race
to the top of the hill
beneath the top of the hill
on top of the mountain
in the nearby forest
around a racing ground
44.The ........ran the fastest but.....won the race
45.The ..............become king of the forest
46. Which of the following animals were the happiest?
Frog and snake
hare and chameleon
the frog and the cobra
the hare and the snake
the hare and the frog
47.What did the winner of the race do?
he had a meeting with the family
he was the last one to arrive
he played a trick to win the race
he ran faster than the others
he bribed the judge to win the race
48. Who was the frogs friend?
lion and the snake
antelope and chameleon
elephant and chameleon
chameleon and snake
snake and zebra
49. The word throne in the story means;
the place where the king lives
the place where the animals lives
the ground where all running animals gather together