OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
REGIONAL GOVERNMENT AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
STANDARD SIX EXAMINATION SERIES
ANNUAL FOR 2022
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
- This paper has four printed pages, forty five(45) questions with sections A and B
- Answer all the questions in all sections
- Fill all the required information in the OMR form and the page with question number
41 – 45 on the back page of the OMR form
- Write your Examination Number and then shade the digits of the number in the respective place on your answer sheer
- Shade the letter of the correct answer for each question in the answer sheet provided (OMR) for questions number 1 – 40. For example, if the correct answer is A shade as follows:
- If you have to change your answer, you must-rub out the shading very neatly before shading the new one. Use a clean rubber.
- Use HB pencil only for questions 1 – 40, and a blue or black ink ball pointed pen for questions number 41 – 45.
SECTION A (40 MARKS)
Choose the correct answer and shade it on the (OMR) sheet provided for questions 1- 40
- Residents of sato village were briefed on how to prevent soil erosion. Which of the following ways wasn’t’ talked about during the briefing
- Planting trees
- Digging terraces
- Contour farming
- Keeping manageable cattle
- I am resource used to preserve many other resources. Who am I?
- Wild animals
- The main source of environmental degradation in developed countries to day is development of the industries. What is the main source of environmental degradation in Tanzania?
- Human activities
- Cash crops production
- Food crop production
- Farming on the slopes
- The act of large rocks or soil falling rapidly on steep slopes because of the forces of tension is called landslide. Which immediate bad effect can landslide cause in the affected area?
- Spreading of magma
- Destruction of homes
- Minor earth quake
- Motor accident
- People should avoid constructing along coastal areas. Moreover, enrichment and testing of nuclear bombs and explosives in the ocean should be controlled. Which disaster will have its effects reduced by followings such precautions?
- Earth quake
- Interaction between foreigners and Tanzania’s started many years ago. Who were the earliest colonialism to reach at the coast of Tanganyika?
- The aim of Berlin Conference held in 1994 – 1885 was to divide Africa continent. What else was agreed upon in this conference, among the following?
- Planning Anglo-German agreement
- Independence of Africans
- Colonizing Zanzibar
- Recognizing German chancellor as a rule of Congo
- Abolishing slave trade
- Mr. Kiduku wants to measure the amount of water vapour in air. Which device will he use?
- Wind vane
- Among the following Europeans, who arrived the earliest at the East African Coast in 5th century, from Portugal?
- William Mackinnon
- Carl Peters
- Otto Von Bismarck
- Vasco da Gama
- Batholomew Diaz
- After the Berlin conference, the African continent was conquered by imperial powers. Which common method did they use establish colonialism?
- Bogus treaties
- Environment can be divided into two depending on the existence of life. Which group has only the non-living components of the environment, among the following?
- Silt, sand and concrete
- Pebbles, trees and air
- Concrete, soil and orange tree
- Stones, trees and birds
- Air, insects and wood
- In which year did the revolutionary government of Zanzibar lose her first African president?
- Improper waste disposal is a dangerous act in the environment. Which disease can rise from it?
- Chicken pox
- Morogoro located at 500 meters above the sea level has a temperature of 29°C. What will be the temperature in Iringa located at 1500 metres above the sea level?
- Rainfall occurs from accumulation of clouds through condensation. Which factor among the following, contributes to receiving rainfall?
- Peace in the area
- Crop cultivation
- Vegetation cover
- During which season do you think the price of sweater and Jackets is likely to increase due to the high demand of such clothes in Tanzania?
- Tanzania has many ethnic groups doing different economic activities. What is the famous ethnic group either living or having their ancestral home in Mtwara region?
- There are many traditional games like Bao, spear throwing and object targeting. What do such games mainly signify?
- Getting income
- Uniting different groups of people
- Deterring ages
- Difference in understanding
- Number of tribes
- The colonial resistance in the coastal areas was led by traders. Which trader had a military base in this area led the Germans to send Major von Wissmann to end it?
- Mtemi Mnigumbe
- Bwana Heri
- Mangi Sina
- Abushiri bin Sultan
- The traditions and customs of Africans even before colonialist were very important. How did they help people especially the youth?
- To become brave and respect each one’s dignity
- To depend on the white people
- To train racism and hate Europeans
- To study hard and be employed
- To do business especially about the famous coastal trade
- Humans have passed through various periods of development according to modern evolutionary studies rooted from the work of Charles Darwin’s theory. Which ‘Age’ first experienced the exchange of goods due to high production?
- Old and New Stone
- Middle Stone
- Early Stone
- The liberation struggle in Africa involved efforts by Africans to free themselves from colonialism. Which country among the following never had such struggles?
- Congo (DRC)
- South Africa
- The United National Independence Party (UNIP) is a political party that led to independence of Northern Rhodesia (Zambia today) in 1964. Which leader was behind this success?
- Milton Obote
- Sir Abubakar Tafawa
- Nelson Mandela
- Jomo Kenyatta
- Kenneth Kaunda
- The East African Legislative Assembly (EALA) meets twice a year and its one of the decision-making organs of the East African community (EAC) besides the General Assembly. How many times does the EAC General Assembly sit officially in a year?
- Which of the following is NOT a musical instrument?
- How does pruning help flowers to grow better in our environment?
- To produce manure by themselves
- Flowers to grow shorter
- New flowers grow
- Adding water in branches
- Freeing spacing branches of flowers
- What is the best method for preparing sweet potatoes without involving cooking oil?
- Which reason is given as to why people are emphasized to practice high level body hygiene during their adolescence stage?
- Old age
- Body changes
- Much sweats
- Manual work
- If it is 8:00 am at longitude 15 degrees East, what time will it be along longitude 15 degrees West?
- 6:00 AM
- Country “X” is located along latitude 66½ degrees South of the Equator. Which latitude is country X located?
- Tropic of cancer
- Who among the following people supports the development of an entrepreneur?
- Area chairperson
- Which factors determine the size of any map drawn?
- Key, aim
- Title, scale
- Area, details
- Frame, tools
- Lines, compass
- In which way does the natural satellite of the Earth help human beings, among the following?
- To produce light
- To count days of an month
- To count star
- To control cloud cover
- To control temperature
- The type of transport that is mainly used to transport liquids and gases is pipeline transport. Which country is connected by TAZAMA pipeline from Tanzania?
- Population is the total number of people living in a particular area. Among the following methods, which one MAY NOT help to obtain the population or its estimates in a country?
- General elections
- Registration of births
- Travel information
- Which one among the following events is experiences through the revolution of the Earth on 21st March and 23rd September?
- Resources are mainly meat to contribute to national income and development. Which resource takes a portion of the government budget to construct and the citizens?
- Protected areas
- Agriculture is the backbone of the Tanzania’s economy. Which crop among the following is grown only commercial purposes and not otherwise?
- The central zone of Tanzania is characterized by the semi-arid condition. Which region makes part of this zone among the following
- Dar es Salaam
- The Maasai and Baribaig from Manyara and Arusha regions make part of Tanzania’s pastoral communities. What is the way through which these communities feed their livestock?
- Long distance movements
SECTION B (10 MARKS)
Answer the following questions by writing the answer in the space provided.
- Some entrepreneurs do illegal practices which harm government revenue and at times affect consumers. Identify two of these illegal practices.
- Briefly explain two bad effects of strong wind on the people or the environment
- Your friend wants to be a successful entrepreneur in future. In two ways, advise him/her on what he/she will do to succeed.
- Your uncle has a business in which he makes liquid soap. Explain your advice how he can best pack his product for customers
- Your young sibling seriously needs a doll to pay with but parents have no money to buy the modern doll for her. As a pupil with vocational skills, identify any four material you can use to help and forge any doll for her.
LEARNINGHUBTZ.CO.TZSOCIAL STANDARD SIX EXAM SERIES 62
UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
PRESIDENT’ S OFFICE
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIONS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
MID TERM I EXAMINATIONS
- This paper consists of section A and B with total of forty five questions
- Answer all questions in each section
- For questions 1-40 put your choice in the box provided
- For question 41-45 write your answer by filling the spaces provided
- All communication devices and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room
SECTION A: MULTIPLE CHOICE
1.The process of protecting and taking care of something from being destroyed is called
2.It is the main agent of environmental destraction
- Human activities
- Transport activities
- Global warming
3.The increase of temperature on the earth’s atmosphere
- Global warning
- Charcoal burning
4.Among the following activities is not harmful to the environment
(A)deforestation (B)afforestation (C) mining (D)bush burning
5.The energy source mostly in rural areas is
(A)electricity (B)natural gas (C)kerosene (D)firewood
6.Energy from the sun is called (A) solar energy (B)lunar (C)power (D)people power
7.Among the following human activities cause soil erosion
(A) rainfall (B)burning and fishing (C) fishing and deforestation (D)overgrazing and deforestation
8.The following are elements of weather except (A)soil (B)wind (C)humidity (D)rainfall
9.Which of the following symbols is found in the Tanzania presidential flag
(A)national flag (B)uhuru torch (C)coat of arms
10.Tanzania is the union of two countries which are Tanganyika and Zanzibar. Each year we celebrate the union of two countries is ___________
(A)24/12 (B)26/4 (C)9/12/1961 (D)26/4/1964
11.What are the things which make Mtera and Nyumba ya Mungu dam be potential.
(A)tourists and transportation (B)industries (C)amount of fish (D)generate electricity
12.The national flag has four colour which represent the most important elements in our nation which colour represents rivers, likes and sea (A)green (B)black (C)blue (D)yellow
13.A patriot is a person who. (A)works hard (B)was born in a country (C)helps those in problems (D)is ready to die for his nation
14.The first European to come to Tanganyika is
(A)the Portuguese (B)arabs (C)the Germany (D)the British
15.The Berlin conference was organized by chancellor otton von Bismark with the aim dividing the African continent into calories in (A)1884-1885 (B)1880-1884 (C)1881-1884 (D)1885-1886
16.The Arusha declaration was announced on.
(A)5th February 1977 (B)12th January 1964 (C)7th April 1972 (D)5th February 1967
17.To preserve water sources means to
(A)use it to the maximum (B)allow water from the factories to enter rivers, lakes and the ocean (C)use and take care of water sources for us and for coming generations (D)leaves farmers do their activities near water sources.
18.Which one among the following helps to increase level of water in water sources? (A)overgrazing (B)presence of trees in an area (C)fire forest (D)none of the above.
19.The headquarters of East African community is in
(A)Nairobi (B)Bujumbura (C)Arusha (D)Kampala
20.The East African community has ________ members
(A)Five (B) six (C)three (D)all of the above are correct
21.The condition of a place observed and recorded over a long period of time is called
(A)weather (B)drought (C)climate (D)global warning
22. The distance from the equator is called (A)altitude (B)latitude (C)longitude (D)relief
23.Among the following areas receive high rainfall except
(A)Njombe (B)Iringa (C)Dodoma (D)Kilimanjaro
24.What is the major cause of global warming
(A)carbon dioxide (B)human activities (C) methane and zone (D)water vapour
25.Among the following is a natural hazard except
(A)drought (B)earthquake (C)floods (D)accidents
26.The following are drought resistant crops except
(A)millet (B)bananas (C)soighum (D)cassava
27.What has caused the snow cover on Mt.Kilimanjaro decrease ____________
(A)drought (B)floods (C)climate (D)global warming
28.The following are effects of drought except (A)increase in harvest (B)death of people and livestock (C)drying of water sources (D)increased conflict between farmers and pastoralist
29.The following is a solution to floods. (A)building houses near rivers (B)to avoid living in flood-prone areas (C)building or settlements in valley (D)setting, adjacement to river banks, near lakes
30.Among the following are drought prone areas except
(A)Iringa (B)Singida (C)Dodoma (D)Shinyanga
SECTION B: MATCHING ITEMS
31 Solar eclipse
33.Revolution of the earth
34. Compass direction
- An instrument used to show direction on the earth
- Is anything that represents something else
- Also known as the eclipse to the sun
- Also known as the eclipse of the sun
- Also known as the eclipse of the moon
- The earth revolves are the sun
SECTION C: STRUCTURE
36. What is drought _____________________
37. What is climate ______________________
38. What is weather _________________________
39. List down three impacts of drought
40.What is flood ________________________________________
41. List down three impacts of floods
LEARNINGHUBTZ.CO.TZSOCIAL STANDARD SIX EXAM SERIES 47
THE PRESIDENT’S OFFICE, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
PRIMARY EXAMINATION SERIES
MID TERM EXAMINATIONS- MARCH 2021
SOCIAL STUDIES- STANDARD SIX
CURRENT RECOMMENDED FORMAT
TIME 1:30 HRS MARCH 2021
- This paper consists of Sections A and B with forty-five questions
- The paper carries a value of 50 marks
- Answer all questions in all sections as per instructions given
- Use blue or black pen for writing and a pencil for drawing.
SECTION A 40 MARKS
Answer all questions
For question 1-40 choose the correct answer from the alternatives given and write you answer on the space provided.
- Strength and direction of wind is measured by
- Wind vane
- Wind sock
- Rain gauge
- When we keep our environment clean we avoid
- The largest planet in solar system is
- Portuguese build the first fortress in
- During stone age, tools were made from
- Bones and stones
- During 1960s and 1970s Tanzania was leading in the production of
- Who among the following tribes were involved in MajiMaji war?
- Kamba, yao, ngindo
- Chagga, pare, Makonde
- Samba,hehe, Nyamwezi and ngindo
- Makonde, ngindo, and yao
- The skull of first man was discovered at . . . . . .
- Olduvai gorge
- The path which is used by planets to revolt around the sun is called
- The first city state to develop along the East Africa coast was
- Kwame Nkrumah was the first president of;
- The act of planting trees where they have been cut down to replace them is called
- The removal of top layer of soil from one point to another is referred to as
- Soil sedimentation
- Soil fragmentation
- Soil erosion
- Soil wasting
- Environmental disaster happens due to
- Increased human population
- Misuse of world resources
- Use of nuclear energy
- Destruction of the environment by human beings
- The increase of earth’s temperature is called
- Ozone layer depletion
- Global warming
- Green house
- Is the overflowing of water due to heavy rain, tsunami or hurricane
- Ice melting
- Which of the following is an alternative source of energy that can be used to protect forests?
- Firewood and charcoal
- Firewood and coal
- Gas and coal
- Firewood, coal and charcoal
- An example of an institution that deals with environmental conservation is
- Which of the following is not an element of weather
- Precipitation is the result of
- Expansion of air
- Condensation of air pressure
- Rapid condensation of moisture
- Agricultural activities takes place during
- Wet season
- Dry season
- Winter period
- Mandela spent 27 years at . . . . . . . . . . . jail because of opposing the apartheid rule is South Africa
- Roben island
- Kwazulu natal
- Cape town
- Cape province
- The first prime minister of Tanganyika was
- Abeid karume
- Edward Sokoine
- J.K Nyerere
- Rashid Kawawa
- A barometer is an instrument that is used to measure
- Air pressure
- Air temperature
- Direction of wind
- The speed of wind
- Which of the following is a volcanic mountain?
- When does the equator experience overhead sun?
- 2nd march and 21st June
- 23rd September and 22nd December
- 21st June and 22nd December
- 21st June and 22nd December
- What are the basic elements that makes up a map?
- Mountains and boundaries shown on it
- Compass, scale, key, margin and title
- Ocean and lakes
- Paper, color and compass
- Which if the following is a way of preserving vegetation?
- Soil erosion
- Over grazing
- Which of the following foods is not a food crop?
- Which was the last stage in evolution of man?
- Homo erectus
- Homo sapiens
- Farming is an activity which involves
- Growing crops and rearing animals
- Selling of products
- Planting maize
- Keeping cows
- Which of the following is not a component of the atmosphere?
- Water vapor
- The two main components of the environment are
- Plants and animals
- Living and non-living things
- The sun and the earth
- Water and air
- A decade is a period of . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . years
- When did Sultan Seyyid Said move his capital from Oman to Zanzibar?
- When did Uganda forces under Idd Amin invade Tanzania?
- Vasco Da Gama Arrived in East African Coast in the year…………
- The word culture means
- Nature of society
- Changes in society
- The habits, traditions and beliefs of a particular society
- In the past, education was provided to the young generation through
- Practice and experience
- Dancing and singing
- Agriculture and livestock keeping
- In classrooms
- The leader of convection people’s party to the independence of Ghana was
- Samori Toure
- Mohamed Abdullah
- Gamal Abdel Nasser
- Kwame Nkrumah
SECTION B. 10 MARKS
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN SPACES PROVIDED.
- What is a map, mention two things to consider when drawing a map
- Using a diagram show how solar eclipse is formed
- Mention two effects of revolution of the earth
Study the picture below to answer question 44 and 45
- The diagram above shows an African Hero, define the term hero
- Name the above person and the country of origin.
LEARNINGHUBTZ.CO.TZSOCIAL STANDARD SIX EXAM SERIES 30
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
TIME: 1:30 HRS
- THIS paper consists of 45 questions
- Select the best alternative in question 1-40
- For question 41-45 provide the best answer
- Write full name on the blank space above together with the name of the school
- Ensure your work is neat and legible.
SECTION A: MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Choose the correct answer and write its letter in the brackets
1. Which of the following is a political historical event?
2. One advantage of oral tradition as a method of keeping historical records is__________________
- It entertains
- keeps records for a few years
- easy to forget
3. Re-using waste plastic containers is called
4. High humidity leads to formation of
5. Spreading of gospel among Africans was the work of
6. One way of protecting land is to practice
- contour ploughing
7. Majimaji war (rebellion) ended in the year
8. Story telling was mainly done by the ……..in the past.
E. class teachers
9. Which one of the following is not among the effects of land pollution?
- soil erosion
10. Which one among the following was not a reason that led to failure of resistance in Tanganyika?
- Natural hazards
- poor Africans weapons
11. Sitting on a mat while eating is mainly the custom of
- lake region people
- coastal people
- Chagga people
12. Keeping few animals on land makes them produce……….products.
13. The head of family is
- all family member
- first born
14. The boundaries of East Africa were completely marked in…
15. Moving air is called………
16. Changing water into vapour is called
17. Supplying crops with artificial water is known as…..
18. The famous place where one can view a meteorite in Tanzania is
- any place
19. Chief Isike was a leader of……………..
20. Most of Tanzanian are…………
- civil workers
SECTION B: MATCHING ITEMS QUESTIONS
MATCH THE WORDS IN LIST A WITH THOSE IN LIST B AND WRITE THE CORRECT ANSWER
- Construction minerals
- Energy source minerals
- Industrial minerals
- Rain gauge
- Sunshine recorder
- Coal, aluminium and petroleum
- Used to measure direction of wind and strength
- Diamonds, tanzanite, ruby, garnets, pearly
- Aggregates, gravel, sand, dimensional stones
- Limestone, soda ash, gypsum, salt, phosphates
- Used to measure cloud cover
- Gold, iron ore, nickel, copper, cobalt and silver
- Aggregates, gold, silver, diamonds and uranium
- Used to measure air pressure
- Used to measure speed of wind
- Used to measure amount of rainfall
- Used to measure amount of moisture
- Used to measure amount of sun rays or sunlight received in a day
- Used to measure temperature of a specific area.
SECTION C: SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS AND TRUE AND FALSE
FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER
- An instrument used to measure wind direction is called……………………………….
- Passing information from one person to another is called…………………………………
- The first fortress was built by Portuguese in ………………………………………………….
- Name the place where the skull of earlier man was discovered……………………………….
- Kwame Nkrumah was the first president of which country?.................................................................
FOR EACH OF THE FOLLOWING STAEMENT, WRITE TRUE FOR A CORRECT STATEMENT AND FALSE FOR A FALSE STATEMENT
- A period of ten years is called a millennium……………………………………………..
- In Tanzania, Umwinyi system was practiced along the coast…………………………..
- Planting of trees is called deforestation………………………………………………..
- Temperature and precipitation are elements of weather………………………………….
- In a map a compass shows the distance from the sea…………………………………….
SECTION D: PASSAGE
A hero is someone who does something great and beneficial for his or her society. There are many people who have devoted themselves in fighting for the African continent in the last decades. They fought against oppression, colonialism, poverty, corruption, environmental degradation among others. All these are considered to be heroes of Africa.
- The leader of Hehe who resisted against the germans was called……………………………
- He led the nyamwezi to fight against the colonist, who was he?..........................................................
- Name a chief form Rhodesia who fought against the colonists………………………………
- Name a hero form former Zaire who was founder and president of Congolese national movement……………..
- The founder member of organization for African Union was…………………………..
SECTION E: SHORT ANSWERS QUESTIONS
Answer the questions below by writing the correct answers in the space provided
46. The special buildings or places which are designed to preserve historical items are called
47. The skull that is believed to be of the earliest man was discovered in 1959 by Dr. Louis Leakey at a place known as
48. In which region is Kondoa Irangi historical site found?__________________________________
49. The process of collecting and storing information of the historical events is called
50. Why is Kinjekitile Ngwale unforgettable in the history of our country?
LEARNINGHUBTZ.CO.TZSOCIAL STANDARD SIX EXAM SERIES 25
THE PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, LOCAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
SOCIAL STUDIES- AUGUST-SEPTEMBER
TIME: 1.30 HRS 2020
- This paper consists of three sections A, B,C and D
- Answer all questions in all sections
- All answers should be written in spaces provided
- Ensure clarity in your work
Answer all questions
Choose the words that complete the sentences by writing letters of the correct answer.
- Which of the following is a political historical event? _______ A. Famine B. marriage C. birthday D. independence E. funeral
- One advantage of oral tradition as a method of keeping historical records is _______
- It entertains B. exaggeration C. keeps records for a few years D. easy to forget E bias
- Re-using waste plastic containers is called_______ A .Collection B. manufacturing C. disposing D. recycling E. dumping
- High humidity leads to formation of ______ A. Lakes B. wind C. forest D. rainfall E. pressure
- Spreading of gospel among Africans was the work of _______ A. Kings B. chiefs C. missionaries D. explorers E. traders
- One way of protecting land is to practice _______ A. Overstocking B. monoculture C. contour ploughing D. overgrazing E. deforestation
- Majimaji war (rebellion) ended in the year___A. 2000 B.1906 C.1907 D. 1909 E. 1999
- Story telling was mainly done by the __________in the past. A. Aunts B. grandparents C. children D. traders E. class teachers
- Which one of the following is not among the effects of land pollution? _______ A. Drought B. Fertility C. soil erosion D. infertility E. diseases
- Which one among the following was not a reason that led to failure of resistance in Tanganyika? _______ A. Natural hazards B. poor Africans weapons C. betrayal D. disunity E. unity
- Sitting on a mat while eating is mainly the custom of_______ A. lake region people B. coastal people C. Meru D. Kinga E. Chagga people
- Keeping few animals on land makes them produce ________products. A. poor B. quality C. waste D.low E. quality
- The head of family is______ A. mother B. father C.all family member D. Aunt E. first born
- The boundaries of East Africa were completely marked in_______ A. 1886 B. 1894 C. 1840 D. 1891 E. 1894
- Moving air is called_________ A. erosion B. transportation C. deflation D. breeze E. wind
- Changing water into vapour is called____ A. Precipitation B. condensation C. transpiration D. evaporation E. percolation
- Supplying crops with artificial water is known as_______ A. mulching B. pastoralism C. irrigation D. weeding E. farming
- The famous place where one can view a meteorite in Tanzania is______ A. Mtwara B. Mwanza C. any place D. Lindi E. Mbozi
- Chief Isike was a leader of ______ A. Ngoni B. Nyamwezi C. Sukuma D. Hehe E. Chagga
- Most of Tanzanian are ____ A. civil workers B. bankers C. doctors D. peasants E. fishermen
- The famous lady who was honoured in leading the people of Tanganyika to fight for independence _______ A. Anna Tibaijuka B. Bibi Titi C. Tulia Arkson D. Samia Suluhu E. Maria Nyerere
- Mkwawa Memorial Museum is at _____ A. Olduvai Gorge B. Ruaha C. Kalenga D. Amboni E. Isimila
- A medium of exchange is called_____ A. Language B. community C. money D. transport E. goods
- Judging people according to their skin colour is called_______ A. Political B. religious C. racial D. educational E. tribal
- The precious resources extracted from underground are called________ A. salt B. crops C. natural resources D. minerals E. gold
- The name of Tanganyika disappeared because of the______ A. revolution B. death of nyerere C. union D. independence E. republic
- Kidatu dam is mainly used for production of________power. A. gas B Hydro-electric power C. Kinetic D. solar E. geothermal
- Ability to move quickly in response to the changing market needs in entrepreneurship is called_____ A. capital B. flexibility C. determination D. saving E. creativity
- Cover crops are mainly planted to prevent _________ A. afforestation B. rainfall C. soil fertility D. soil erosion E. deforestation
- Dividing Africa among European powers was______ A. ne-colonization B. colonization C. division D. portion E. partition
- Buildings where past items such as farm tools and spears are kept is called______
- Officers B. antiquities C. museums D. archives E. tall building
- Europeans brought cash crops into Africa mainly to get back_____A. Money B. slaves C. factories D. African resources E. raw materials
- Majimaji war mainly took place in_____part of Tanzania A. Eastern B. South C. Central D. Western E. North
- Which scale looks like a ruler_______ A. large scale B. fraction C. statement D. linear E. medium scale
- Revolution of the earth takes place on a path called________ A. Axis B.eclipse C. orbit D. perihelion E. aphelion
- Harpooning is a method of _______ A. harvesting B. fishing C. mining D. grazing E. farming
- The animals which help a lot in cleaning the environment are______ A. hyena B. wildest C. buffalo D. antelope E. leopards
- Tanzania experiences four annual season per year, which of the mentioned is not common one? _________
- The hot and dry season B. cold and dry C. dry season throughout the year D. long rainy season E. short rainy season
- In Tanzania natural forests are preserved mainly_________
- Create employment opportunity B. provide habit for wild animals C. protect water catchment area D. increase production of timber E. make the environment beautiful
- _________is the largest moon of Saturn.
- Sky B. meteorite C. Satellite D. titan E. galaxy
Study the following pictures and then answer questions that follow.(41-43)
A. B. C.
- In which year did the event labeled by letter A took place______________
- Name the president marked by letter B______________________
- Hon Aboud Jumbe labeled by letter__________________________
- Who was the first president of Zanzibar___________________________
- What is deforestation_______________________________________
LEARNINGHUBTZ.CO.TZSOCIAL STANDARD SIX EXAM SERIES 18
THE PRESIDENT’S OFFICE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, LOCAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
SOCIAL STUDIES- TERMINAL EXAMINATION-MAY
TIME: 1.30 HRS 2020
- This paper has four printed pages, forty five (45) questions with sections A and B
- Answer all the questions in all sections.
- Remember to write your full names and school name in the answer sheet provided.
- Make sure your work is neat without unnecessary cancelling to avoid loss of marks.
- Use a blue or black ink ball pointed pen for all given questions.
Choose the most correct answer and then write its letter in the answer sheet given..
PART I: CIVICS
1. Who is the leader of government affairs at the ward level?___
- Village Chairperson
- Ward Executive Director
- District Commissioner
- Ward Executive Officer
- Ward Councilor
2. Who is the Chairperson of the Zanzibar Revolutionary Council?
- The President of the United Republic of Tanzania
- The President of Revolutionry Government of Zanzibar
- The first Vice President of Zanzibar
- The Chief Minister of Zanzibar
- The Prime Minister of Tanzania
3. _____ are sets of behavior that are typical accepted within a particular society.
4. A person who is entitled to hold the office of the President of Tanzania must have…...
years and above.
5. Which colour of our National Flag identifies the majority people of Tanzania?
6. Having a great love for your country is known as____
7. Who chairs the District council meeting?
- District Executive Director
- District Commissioner
- Regional Commissioner
- District Council Chairperson
- Member of Parliament
8. How do we call inherited experiences that are passed on from generation to another?
9. The following are members of East African Community, Except_
10. Who is the current Political Parties Registrar in Tanzania? --__
- Judge Lewis Makame
- Judge Joseph Warioba
- Judge Francis Mutungi
- Judge Professor Ibrahim Juma
- Judge Semistocles Kaijage
11. Elected leaders are also called ______
- Nominated leaders
- Appointed leaders
- Political leaders
- Good leaders
- Important leaders
12. Tanzania is conducting a Local Government election in ____
Part II: HISTORY
13. The main factors that contribute to single parent family are_______
- Disease and anger
- death and wedding
- Polygamy and ignorance
- Death and divorce
- Poverty and happiness
14. How do you call the mother of your father?____________
15. Zanzibar was officially declared as a British colony in_______
16. Which political party was formed by the colonialists to oppose TANU?
17. Which colonialist power preferred the use of direct rule as its administrative system?
18. The following is the event which marked the end of Germany rule in Tanganyika;
- Great Depression
- Second World War (WWII)
- First World War (WWI)
- Berlin Conference
19. The main slave market in East Africa was in…………..
20. Which was the main sector of the colonial economy?
21. Which Political party liberated people of Zanzibar in 1964?
22. Fire was discovered during _____
- Iron age
- Early Stone Age
- Middle Stone Age
- Late Stone Age
- First Stone Age
23. Which conference aimed at dividing African Continent among colonialists? ………….
- Queen Elizabeth’s Conference
- Boris Johnson’s Conference
- Donald Trump’s Conference
- Emmanuel Macron’s Conference
- Berlin Conference
24. Which was the first city to make and use its own currency among the East African coastal cities?
2 5. Who dominated the central trade route during the long distance trade in East Africa? ____
- The Nyaturu
- The Kamba
- The Nyakyusa
- The Nyamwezi
- The Yao
26. It was meant to transform the country from Capitalism to Socialism and Self -reliance?
- Musoma Declaration
- Iringa Declaration
- Arusha Declaration
- Zanzibar Declaration
- TANU Policy
PART III: GEOGRAPHY
2 7. Which of the following groups consists of types of map scale?
- Atlas, geological and cadastral
- Ground, aerial and oblique
- Statement, representative and linear
- Large, medium and small
- Topographical, statistical and demography
2 8. Which of the following is not a proper way of writing a map scale?
- 1cm represents 1km
- 1cm = 100000
- 1cm stands for 1km
- m 5000 123 km
29. The distance measured between two points on a map is 16cm. What is the actual ground distance between the points if the map scale is 1:400000?
30. What name is given to an imaginary line that runs from North to South in zig zag form showing the place where each Calendar day begins?
- The Equator
- The Prime Meridian
- The North Pole
- The International Date Line
31. How do we call the low pressure zone or belt found along the Equator?
- The Tundra Zone
- The Polar Zone
- The Doldrums
- The Semi arid Zone
- The Outer Belt
32. Which digits represent the vertical readings in a grid reference map showing the point with 269415?
33. How do we call the South west corner point of the grid map where eastings and northings begin?
- Turning point
- Grid map
- Grid origin
- Reference corner
- Linear point
35. Which of the following groups gives the correct examples of tertiary industries?
- Fertilizers, textiles, cigarettes and cement industries
- Vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles industries
- Restaurants, banking, transportation and media
- Welding, carpentry, Pottery and tailoring
- farming, mining animal keeping and fishing
36. One of the following is a reason for the failure or decline of industrial sector in East Africa.
- Cause noise pollution produced by heavy machines
- Lack of skilled labour, management and poor infrastructures
- Provide employment, foreign exchange and markets for our cash crops
- Stimulates other economic sectors.
- Processing, manufacturing and assembling.
37. What is the type of the highest standing mountain in Africa which is found in East Africa?...........
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- Block mountain
- Fold mountain
- Volcanic mountain
38. Soda ash is the famous extracted mineral in Lake Natron found in Arusha, Tanzania. Which among the following lakes produce the same product in Kenya? _____
- Lake Nakuru
- Lake Turkana
- Lake Magadi
- Lake Kyoga
- Lake Rukwa
39. An instrument used to measure wind direction is called?
- Wind gauge
- Wind vane
- Wind sock
40. How do we call a deep inlet of the sea, lake or ocean almost surrounded by land with a narrow mouth?
- a strait
- a cape
- a peninsula
- a gulf
- an island
SECTION B: SHORT ANSWERS QUESTIONS
Answer all questions in this section.
41. What is agriculture?
42. Name any two telecommunication companies in Tanzania
43. Why did chief Mkwawa commit suicide?
44. Mention the leader who led to independence struggle in Kenya.
45. State two importance of agriculture in Tanzania
LEARNINGHUBTZ.CO.TZSOCIAL STANDARD SIX EXAM SERIES 14
PRESIDENT’S OFFICE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
STANDARD SIX MID TERM EXAMINATIONS- APRIL 2020
TIME : 2:30 HOURS
- This Examinations Consists Of 50 Questions
- Answer All Questions
- Write Your Answers In Capital Letters
- Make Your Work Legible
SECTION A. Choose the correct answer from the Alternatives given
1.Speaker of the Assembly of the United Republic of Tanzania is elected by
- The citizens
- Members of the Parliament
- Chief justice
2.Parmanent members of the security council of the united nations Organization are:
- USA Britain France, Russia, and China
- USA, Britain , German , Rus sia and China
- USA, Britain , France, Russia and Italy
- USA , Britain , Russia, Canada and German
- USA, Britain, Russia, Japan and Germany
3. Rock paintings of animals and people started during:
- Iron age
- Middle Stone Age
- Early Stone Age
- Late Stone Age
- Old Stone Age
4. What were the commodities that were brought in East Africa by the foreigners from Indonesia and China as from the 5th C?
- Iron, tortoise shells and Gold
- Clothes, beads and domestic vessels
- Beads and Gold
- Beads, fire arms and Ivory
- Gun powder, clothes wool clothes and leopard skins.
5. Three East Africa tribes that participated in the Long Distance Trade before colonialism were:
- The Hehe, Nyamwezi and Turkana
- The Karamajong, Sukuma and Pokot
- The Maasai, Yao and Sukuma
- The Yao, Nyamwezi and
- The Yao, Nyamwezi and Kamba
26. Which was the first group of the fore runners of colonialism to arrive in Tanganyika
7. The Chief Justice of Tanzania is appointed by the
- Prime Minister
- Vice President
- Attorney General.
8. The conference which partitioned Africa was held in
- New York.
9. The scientist who explained the evolution of man was
- Mary Leakey
- Charles Darwin
- Louis Leakey
- Richard Leakey
- John Speke.
10. The essential of a map which is used to elaborate different signs on a map is called
11. It is very easy to prove that the world is spherical by looking at
- the shape of the globe
- the eclipse of the sun
- the high and the low tides
- the overhead sun
- the eclipse of the moon.
12. Which African country had multi-party democracy in 1980
13. A family can attain economic development if
- the mother will deal with domestic activities
- the father will be employed
- children will be involved in studies
- family members will play their role
- family members will pray together.
14.The German colonies in Africa were
- Nigeria, Namibia and Togo
- Gambia, Togo and Namibia
- Cameroon, Togo and Namibia
- Namibia, Tanganyika and Nigeria
- Cameroon, Tanganyika and Senegal.
15. The Germans ruled Tanganyika after the
- First World War
- Second World War
- Berlin conference
- Formation of UNO
- Defeat of the Portuguese.
16. The goods which were brought by Asian traders in Tanganyika from the 8th century include
- ivory and gold
- hides and guns
- salt and copper
- clothes and wheat
- clothes and slaves.
17. The internal trade involves goods which are
- produced outside the country
- produced and sold within the country
- produced within the country
- produced and sold outside the country
- sold outside the country.
18. The overhead sun in December occurs at the
- Southern Hemisphere
- Tropic of Cancer
- Northern Hemisphere
- Tropic of Capricorn.
19. The major effects of industries in the environment are
- pollution of water, air and bad smell
- emission of smoke and high consumption of mineral energy
- pollution of air, soil and bad smell
- spilling of chemicals and emission of smoke
- pollution of air, water and land.
20. The essentials of the map are
- Vegetation, compass, scale, lines and title
- Colour, title, scale, key and margin
- Lines, title, compass, margin and scale
- Title, key, margin, scale and compass
- Title, key, scale, compass and lines.
Write true for a correct statement and false for an incorrect statement.
- The Berlin conference was convined by Germany chancelor Otto Von Bismark… … … … … … … … … … …
- In east Africa germany colony, online men were supposed to pay tax
- Patrice Lumumba fought colonizers in Congo… … … …
- Mordern colonizers use weapons to colonize African countries… …
- Polittical, economic and social aid from Europe is the only way to liberate African.
- Fair trade policies is the best way of African countries to fight against neocolonism… … … … … … ..
- Burundi, Rwanda and Tanganyika got independence in 1962… … … … … .
- Africa political heroes helps neocolonists to identify areas with resources in African countries… … … … … … … … … … …
- When neocolonists comes to Africa, they help Africans make new goods and services… … … … …
- Rotation of the earth on its axis causes day and night… … … .
SECTIONC. Fill the gaps below with the correct answer.
- Two types of crops grown by investors are… … … … … and … … … … … … .
- Two main cash crops grown in Tanzania are… … … and… … … … … … …
- Name one production activity that was established in Tanganyika after independence… … … … .
- Parastatals with large tracks of land for keeping animals are called… … … … ..
- Mention two regions in Tanzania with national ranches
- Mention one benefit of tourism in Tanzania… … … … … … … … ..
- A map is identified by use of… … … … … … … …
- Which type of map shows the appearance of a country… … … … … … … … … … …
- The construction of Moshi-Tanga railway started in which year..
- Who was the leader of Berlin Conference?............ ...................
Match the items in list A with corresponding items in List B
- National park… … …
- Economic activities…
- Investors… … … … … ..
- Tourists from other countries… … … …
- National ranches… … … … … … .
- Sierra leone and Tanganyika got independence in … … …
- Tanzania is a good example in… … … … … …
- One way of fighting invasion of Africa
- Heroes who fought against invasion of Africa … … … … … … .
- Foreign exchange
- Going to school
- Comes from Europe, America and other parts of the world
- Serengeti ,mikumi and katavi
- Individuals with huge capital
- Farming, pastoralism, fishing and other industrial activities
- Large farms for animal keeping
- Nkrumah Lumumba Kenyata ,Nyerere and Mandela
- Fighting corruption
- Self reliance, fair trade agreement, refusing to take loans and aids.
- Somalia ,Sudan and DRC Kongo
LEARNINGHUBTZ.CO.TZSOCIAL STANDARD SIX EXAM SERIES 8