OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
PRIMARY EXAMINATION SERIES
MID TERM 2 EXAMINATION –AUG-2023
06 CIVIC AND MORAL EDUCATION
Time: 1:30 Hours AUG: 2023
1. This paper consists of sections A and B with a total of forty five (45) questions
2. Answer all questions in each section.
3. Read all the given instructions in the special answer sheet (OMR).
4. Fill all the needed information in the OMR form and on the page with question 41 to 45.
5. Shade the digits of the Examinations Number in the respective places of the OMR form.
6. Shade the letter of the correct answer for each question in the answer sheet provided, for example, if the correct answer is A shade as follows:
7. If you have to change your answer, you must rub out the shading very neatly before shading the new one. Use a clean rubber.
8. Use HB pencil for question 1 to 40 and a blue or black ink pen for question 41 to 45.
9. Cellular phones and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room.
SECTION A (40 Marks)
Choose the correct answer and shade its corresponding letter in the special answer sheet (OMR) provided.
1. It is a good thing to wake up early in the morning and do some physical exercises. How can the physical exercise assist you?
2. The name Tanzania was adopted after the Union of Tanganyika and Zanzibar. In which year was the name first used?
A 1962 B 1967 C 1964 D 1992 E 1961
3. The highest leadership structure in ward governance is ranked as a ward councilor. How is that level of leadership obtained? A Decision of the ward council
B Citizens opinions in the ward
C Suggestions from the ward council
D Majority votes by citizens ward
E Decisions by the ward government
4. Which of the following strategy can be used to promote your school?
5. Women and men have different duties and responsibilities in the community. Which of the word best describes those duties and responsibilities?
A Men B Gender C Sex D Women E Boys
6. Every Tanzanian citizen is responsible to preserve the peace of his or her country. Suggest the appropriate means to fulfill this responsibility?
7. It is important to participate in educating the society on the provision of aid to the needy groups. How would you encourage the society to assist these people?
A By asking help from the youth
B By giving information through mass media
C By negotiating with political parties
D By asking for help using lawyers
E By asking foe special aids or loans
8. As a child living in the home with gender discrimination, which of the following measure can be taken to address gender discrimination in a society?
9. Considering your understanding on the types of families, the following sets show extended families except
10. How is the act of a female pupil to tell his father how she avoids being tempted to have sex with a boy is called?
A Caring of oneself B Honesty C Transparency D Self-discipline E
11. Bad relationships among community members have negative effects in our community. What is the effect of stigmatization?
12. If your fellow pupil is afraid of condemning un-acceptable acts happening in the school, which strategy would you advise him/her to use so as to give him/her comments to the school administration?
13. The head teacher of Sabasaba Primary school has established a counseling unit in his/her school.
What is the importance of that unit?
A Providing guidance on how to solve challenges
B Exposing pupils problems openly
C Advising pupils with difficulties
D Announcing pupils with difficulties
E Isolating pupils with difficulties
14. Which of the following group comprises the National resources?
15. You are required to educate your fellow pupils on risky behaviors. Which of the following behavior would you advise women to avoid?
16. Riziki was told on the importance of working with others in doing personal and school responsibilities. Which responsibilities is she supposed to do?
17. Mr Kadege is a community development officer at Mlimani village who educates villagers about community responsibilities. Which of the following is the responsibility of the community?
18. National resources are asserts which need to be protected and cared for. Who is responsible in caring and protecting the national resources?
A Police officers
B Military personnel
C All citizens
D Father and mother
E All government leaders
19. Why do pupils and educated people conduct research?
20. As a pupil who volunteers to perform different school and community activities, which strategy would you use to convince your fellow pupils to volunteer like you?
21. Juakali was asked to prepare a manual on techniques of formulating the work plan for the school administration. To whom will the manual provide administrative guidance?
22. Which of the following strategy can Tanzania use to stimulate her development in different sectors?
23. Kayumba is a pupil who is self-motivated in fulfilling his duties without requiring supervision. How is Kayumba’s behaviour called?
24. Setting goals is a very important aspect in life. What is the advantage of setting goals in life?
A To know what to be done and at what time
B It makes one use a lot of time in studying
C To enables one to get skills by copying from others
D To get skills of cheating during examinations
E To be dependent in decision making
25. Why are we advised to learn from other people’s mistakes?
A To repeat other peoples’ mistake
B To identify our mistakes
C Not to repeat other peoples’ mistakes
D To write different mistakes
E To copy from others
26. People learn from others in society. What kind of pupils would you like to learn from?
A Those who respect school leaders
B Those who love the word of God
C Those who put much efforts to perform household chores
D Those who are fluent in speaking English language
E Those who are well disciplined and study hard
27. Simbatano was punished at school because of truancy. Which one is the best advice for Simbatano?
A Need to accept the mistake and repeat it.
B Need to learn from that mistake and correct his ways
C Need to run away from that mistake and repeat it in future
D Need to repeat that mistake and continuing learning through that mistake
E Need to accept the mistake and build trust in community
28. Why are pupils required to ask questions during classroom periods?
29. All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. Which year did the General Assembly of the United Nations declare the Universal of Human Rights?
30. Human rights in Tanzania are protected by the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania.
Which year was the bill of rights included in the constitution?
31. Performance of household duties is important to pupils. How can a pupil improve his/her performance of duties at home?
A Using school time table to fulfill home duties
B Being a hard worker at school and not at home
C Not going to school until he/she completed home duties
D Evaluating performance of all household duties
E Home duties the whole night without sleeping
32. Hypocrisy is unacceptable in society because of its negative effects. What should be done in order to eliminate it?
A To make strict laws against hypocrites
B Strongly supporting hypocrites
C Tell the truth about hypocrites
D To listen and love all hypocrites
E Segregating hypocrites them with others
33. Every human being has equal rights to own properties. Under which category is the right to own property found?
34. Good relations in a society enhance development. Which strategy should be taken in order to preserve people’s relationships?
A Educating them on the importance of good relations and gossips
B Educating them on the importance of lies and gossiping
C Creating awareness on being free from jealousy and gossiping
D Creating awareness on the importance of being free and telling lies
E Creating awareness on the role of pretending and gossiping
35. Which condition indicates that there is peace?
A The feeling of being free loved and annoyed.
B The feeling of being calm, happy and not worried.
C The feeling of being happy, sorrowful and frightened.
D The feeling of being happy, scared and worries
E The feeling of being happy, disappointed and angry
36. The development of globalisation in any society has its own advantages and disadvantages. What is the negative effect of globalization in the society?
A Presence of moral decay
B Leads to deterioration information technology
C Free movement of people and goods
D Decrease in job opportunities
E Leads to decline of social services
37. The former East African Community was established under the agreements reached by leaders from Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. Who were the first presidents involved in its establishment?
A Daniel A. Moi, Yoweri Museveni and Julius K. Nyerere
B Ally H. Mwinyi, Jomo Kenyatta and Yoweri Museveni
C Milton Obotte, Daniel A. Moi and Ally H. Mwinyi.
D Ally H. Mwinyi, Yoweri Mseveni and Daniel A. Moi.
E Julius K. Nyerere, Milton Obotte and Jomo Kenyatta
38. The United Nations is the community that is determined to achieve its objectives through the principles of peace and security. These principles inspired the creation of Tanzania’s foreign policy. What three important things were included?
A Enhancing our tribal cooperation in the country
B Importing heavy weapons to protect our freedom
C Increasing racial segregation
D Safeguarding independence and national security
E Transferring colonialism to other countries
39. Why is it important to establish and maintain international cooperation?
A To promote education, business and sports
B To promote technology, education and selling of weapons. C To promote business, technology and water bodies.
D To promote selling weapons, sports and education
E To promote education, sports and water bodies
40. Interaction with people of different cultures and backgrounds is still highly needed in Tanzania. Which of the following explains the importance of living with people of different backgrounds in Tanzania?
SECTION B (10 Marks)
For question 41- 45, write your answer in the space provided by using blue or black ink pen
41. Different people learn through sharing and collaborating with others in the society. Give two advantages of cooperating with others in learning.
42. Honesty and transparency are important bases in fostering development in the community. Explain two effects resulting from the absence of honesty and transparency among pupils.
43. In our societies, some customs affects women seriously; one of these customs is female genital mutilation. Give two effects of female genital mutilation.
44. How can Standard Seven leavers who studied Civic and Moral subject, benefit their society through the education acquired.
45. Explain two aspects which build good governance at the family level
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
REGIONAL GOVERNMENT AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
STANDARD SIX EXAMINATION SERIES
CIVICS AND MORALS
ANNUAL FOR 2022
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
SECTION A (40 MARKS)
For questions 1 – 40, choose the correct answer and shade its corresponding letter in the special answer sheet (OMR) provided.
SECTION B(10 MARKS)
Write your answer in the blank space provided at the back of your OMR form
(b)Which arm of government approves orders and ensures that rights are served to all?
UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
PRESIDENT’ S OFFICE
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIONS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
MID TERM I EXAMINATIONS
CIVICS AND MORAL
Choose the correct answer and fill its letter besides the question number in the boxes provided
SECTION B. FILL IN THE BLANKS
THE PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
PRIMARY EXAMINATION SERIES
MID TERM EXAMINATIONS- MARCH 2021
CIVICS AND MORALS- STANDARD SIX
CURRENT RECOMMENDED FORMAT
TIME 1:30 HRS MARCH 2021
SECTION A 40 MARKS
Answer all questions
For questions 1-40, choose the best answer from the alternatives given and write its answer on the space provided.
2. A large group of people united by a common language, culture or economic life is called;
3. The state of being free is called
4. We are supposed to show love to which people
5. The following have special needs except
6. Which of the following is not a biological difference between male and female?
7. Which of the following actions does not show gender equality?
8. Which of the following is a change in girls during puberty?
9. Young girls can avoid early pregnancy by
10. Why are we supposed to wear decent dressing?
11. The changes in boys and girls from childhood to adulthood is called
12. Which is not a good manner in our society?
13.Which of the following are symbols found on Tanzania Notes?
14. Which is an important of the national flag?
15. The source of all laws in Tanzania is
16. The blue color in our national flag represents
17. A symbol used to show the possession of government documents and other resources is called
18. Which of the following shows that the country is mourning?
19. Which day do leaders get the opportunity to explain the success and challenges which needs to be worked on?
20.Which of the following is a bad cultural practice?
21. The president is the chief of state and head of
22. The prime minister of the republic of Tanzania is appointed by the;
23. The 1964 Zanzibar revolution brought ……………………..to all Zanzibaris
24. The workers day is also known as …………………….day
25. Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere died on;
26. Dangerous behaviours are action that are……………………..
27. How many types of leadership do we have at ward level?
28. Who is responsible for procurement at the office of the regional commissioner?
29. Which of the following is not an arm of government?
30. The judiciary consists of the following except
31. Who is the current prime minister of Tanzania?
32. Accepted believes about what is good, desirable and useful are called……………….
33. The feeling of love, devotion and sense of attachment to a homeland is………………
34. Which one is not accepted in society?
35. Which of the following is a risk behavior?
36. Who appoints the district commissioner?
37. The person responsible for all activities implementation in the ward is
38. In which day do we hold Independence Day celebrations
39. The union between Tanganyika and Zanzibar took place on………………
40. In which month do we celebrate nane nane day?
SECTION B. 10 MARKS
Answer the following Questions as per instructions given.
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
CIVICS AND MORALS
TIME: 1:30 HRS
SECTION A: MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Choose the correct answer and write its letter in the brackets
1. A person who represents his/her country in a foreign country is called:
2. What is the meaning of publicizing our nation?
3. Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of parents towards ensuring the welfare of the family?
4. Who is the leader of all government activities in the parliament of Tanzania?
5. Which of the following government organs is responsible for making the laws of our country?
6. What is the meaning of social welfare?
7. Which of the following is the way of helping people with visual impairment?
8. Which one among the following is NOT a national value of Tanzania?
9. When did Zanzibar attain false independence from the British?
10. The governing system that observes rule of law and human rights is called:
11. Who among the following is NOT a member of the cabinet of Tanzania?
12. There are_______________types of democracy.
13. The act of being ready to accept a defeat during election and being ready to be challenged by leaders of other political parties is termed as:
14. Which action among the following promotes good governance at school?
15. An elected member of parliament represents an administrative area known as:
16. A statement that explains the goals and targets that a school is committed to achieve is called:
17. Zanzibar revolution day is commemorated on____________every year.
18. Who is the principal assistant to the President of the United Republic of Tanzania?
19. The District Commissioner is directly answerable to the:
20. The public holiday which is commemorated on 8th August each year is called:
Match the item in column A with those in list B by selecting the corresponding item from column B.
| || |
WRITE TRUE FOR A TRUE STATEMENT AND FALSE FOR A FALSE STATEMENT.
FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER
READ THE PASSAGE BELOW AND ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT FOLLOWS
Tanzania celebrates independence in 9th December every year. This day marks the end of british colonial rule. This independence was gained in 1961. Tanzanians normally celebrate this day by going to national stadium in Dar Es salaam to witness military parade, watch traditional dances and listen to speeches from national leaders.
SECTION B: SHORT ANSWERS QUESTIONS
Write the correct answers in the space provided
46. Being truthful to oneself and others is called…………………………………….
47. Two examples of groups of people with special needs are…………………………and …………………………
48. Who appoints the Prime Minister in the republic of Tanzania………………………………………………………
49. The love of ones country is called……………………………………………………
50. One occasion where the national flag is hoisted half mask is…………………………………………….
PRESIDENT’S OFFICEMINISTRY OF EDUCATION, REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
CIVIC AND MORAL STANDARD SIX MID TERM EXAMINATIONS- APRIL 2020
TIME : 2:30 HOURS
SECTION A. Choose the correct answer from the Alternatives given
1. Which of the following coins has the picture of the first president of Zanzibar?
2. The district chairperson is chosen by
3.The governments responsibility of ensuring leaders integrity involves
4. What is the difference between customs and traditions
5. Use of public office for selfish interests is called
6. Representative of the President in a region is:
7. The things that every person deserves regardless of tribe, Nationality and gender are called;
8.The importance of Zebra Crossing Sign is;
9.Speaker of the Assembly of the United Republic of Tanzania is elected by
10.A source of a family is :
11. It is important to observe one of the following while singing the national anthem:
12. Pedestrians are advised to walk along the road by
13. Which of the following traditions can spread HIV/AIDS?
14. the main objective of constitutional changes of 1962 in Tanzania were?
15.The total ways of life of human beings is called
16.The sources of Local Government revenue are
17. In the administrative structure of Local Government, the District or Municipal Council is lead by
18. The black colour in our National flag represents
19. The National Emblem symbolizes
20. The rights to own property falls under which category of human rights?
Write true for a correct statement and false for incorrect statement
Fill the missing gaps with the correct answer
Match the word/phrases in list A with those in list B and write the answer in spaces provided.
| || |