THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
112/1 HISTORY 1
(For Both School and Private Candidates)
Time: 3 Hours Wednesday, 07thMay 2014 p.m.
1. This paper consists of sections A, B and C.
2. Answer five (5) questions, choosing two (2) questions from section A and B and one (1) question from section C.
3. Each question carries twenty (20) marks
4. Cellular phones are not allowed in the examination room.
5. Write your Examination Number on every page of your answer booklet(s).
SECTION A (40 marks)
Answer two (2) questions from this section.
1. Analyse five characteristics of the first non antagonistic mode of production which developed in pre-colonial Africa and elaborate three factors that show how African communal societies transformed to feudalism.