Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA
CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION
024 LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
(For Both School and Private Candidates)
Time: 2:30 Hours Thursday, 09th November 2018 a.m.
1. This paper consists of sections A, B, C and D with a total of twelve (12) questions.
2. Answer two (2) questions from section A and one (1) question from each of sections B, C and D.
3. Each question carries 20 marks.
4. Cellular phones and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room.
5. Write your Examination Number on every page of your answer booklet(s).
SECTION A (40 Marks)
THEORIES OF LITERATURE
Answer two (2) questions from this section.
1. Write brief explanations on the following literary concepts
2. Using your own life experience, show how literature and language cannot be separated
3. (a) What is drama?
(b) Outline six features of drama
(c) Differentiate the following dramatic terms
(i) Act and scene
(ii) Comedy and tragedy
SECTION B (20 Marks)
Answer one (1) question from this section.
The Lion and the Jewel - Wole Soyinka
The Trials of Brother Jero - Wole Soyinka
The Swamp Dwellers - Wole Soyinka
Kinjeketile - Ibrahim Hussein
Dilemma of a Ghost - Ama Ata Aidoo
The Barbed Wire - M. Rugyendo
Dedan Kimathi - Kenneth Watene
The Government Inspector - N. Gogol
4. With reference to any two plays you have read under this section, use four points from each to outline the role of literature in our society
5. Use two plays read with four points each to support the view that “Whatever women strive for, male dominance and the environment they live in cause challenges for them”
6. With reference to two plays, discuss the view that “exploitation and oppression co- exist as factors which hinder development in many societies in the third world countries” use four points for each reading.
SECTION C (20 Marks)
NOVELS AND SHORT STORIES
Tales of Amadou Koumba - David Diop
Quartet - Richard Rive
A Walk in the Night and Other Stories - Alex La Guma
Houseboy - Ferdinand Oyono
The Old man and The Medal - Ferdinand Oyono
The Concubine - Elechi Amadi
Sundiata: An Epic of Old Mali - Djibril Tamsir Niane
Secret Lives - Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
The Three Solid Stones - Martha Mvungi
Girls at War - Chinua Achebe
Uncle Tom’s Children Richard Wright
7. Giving eight points use The Concubine to show how traditional beliefs have a strong uniting effect on the people’s lives
8. Using two readings read under this section with four points from each, pick two female characters from each reading and then evaluate the message one gets from them
9. Use two novels or short stories read with four points from each to discuss how women are vulnerable victims of injustices that prevail in the society
SECTION D (20 Marks)
TEXT: Selected poems — Tanzania Institute of Education
10. Poetic devices enhance the poets to send the message successfully to the public. Use two poems you have read under this course with four points each to support your answer
11. Differentiate between lyrics and sonnets> Give four points for each
12. Read the following poem and then answer the questions that follow
Where manhood and consciousness is tested
The only place to bury persecutions and burden of ages
The only place for declare names immortal
Trust me brother you will not be alone there
Where man will make his own lighting thunder
Where the enemy will fall and never to rise
Brother truly my shadow will be next to yours
I know it is bitter but I like it
I like it particularly because it is bitter
I like it because it is where it is where I belong
For out of bitterness comes equally, freedom and peace
I will be in the from time when the roll is called
Front line valleys and plains of events and history
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4