Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION
(For Both School and Private Candidates)
Time: 3 Hours Tuesday, 05th November 2019 p,mo
SECTION A (20 Marks)
Answer all questions in this section.
1. For each of the items (i) (xv), choose the correct answer from among the given alternatives and write its letter beside the item number in the answer booklet provided.
(i) What are the major types of oral traditions?
(ii) Why is Charles Darwin famous in history?
(iii) What was the most common method of farming in pre-colonial Africa?
(iv) As a historian, which one would you consider as Prince Henrys main aims in organizing the Portuguese voyages to West and East African coasts?
(v) What took place in Europe between 1750s and 1850s?
(vi) Colonialism was established through
(vii) Who headed the Central government of the colony?
(viii) The law that demanded the Africans to carry a labour card "Kipande" aimed at ensuring that
(ix) Why the British in East Africa provided colonial health services to few areas such as settler plantation areas, military camps and cash crop producing areas?
(x) Which of the following were the long-term causes of the First World War?
(xi) Which of the following were the countries which used constitutional means to gain their political independence?
(xii) What challenged the work of the police in 1998 in East Africa?
(xiii) The social challenges facing people in Africa include
(xiv) Which organ of the United Nations investigates situations that pose threat to international peace?
(xv) The international organization undermined by Hitler was called
2. Match the descriptions in List A with the corresponding names of the revolutions in List B by writing the letter of the correct response beside the item number in the answer booklet provided.
SECTION B (35 Marks)
Answer all questions in this section.
3. Answer the following questions briefly:
(i) Mzee Juma is an illiterate man with 89 years of age. He narrates past political events to his grand child who is eighteen years old. Why such method used by Mzee Juma is considered as an unreliable source of historical information?
(ii) Why the Germany colonial agents would not forget the Hehe resistance?
(iii) How would you relate the French Assimilation policy and destruction of African culture?
(iv) How would you prove that colonial education was an agent of division and racism in colonial Africa?
(v) Why Adolf Hitler is blamed for the occurrence of the Second World War?
(vi) Why some historians consider Chancellor Otto Von Bismarck as the architect of the partition of the African continent?
4. Arrange the following historical events in chronological order by writing number 1 to 6 beside the item number in the answer booklet provided.
5. Draw a sketch map of Africa and locate by using roman numbers:
SECTION C (45 Marks)
Answer three (3) questions from this section.
6. By using six points, explain how the Berlin Conference of 1884/1885 helped the European countries to prevent war that would have occurred due to the scramble for colonies.
7. How was migrant labour beneficial to the capitalists during the colonial period? Limit your response to six points.
8. Elaborate six factors that contributed to the occurrence of Mfecane during the 19th century.
9. "African countries have been suffering socially, economically and politically as a result of being members of the United Nations". Explain six reasons to justify this statement.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4