Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
FORM TWO SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION, 2010
1. This paper consists of sections A, B and C.
2. Answer ALL questions in sections A and B and only TWO in section C.
3. ALL writing must be in black or blue ink.
4. ALL answers must be written in the spaces provided.
5. Write your examination number at the top right hand corner of every page.
6. Cellphones are not allowed in the examination room.
INITIALS OF EXAMINER
SECTION A (30 MARKS)
1. For each of the following items choose the best answer from the given alternatives and write its letter in the box provided.
(i) One of the shortcomings of oral tradition as a source of historical information is that, it is:
(ii) The transition from Mercantilism to Industrial Capitalism led to:
(iii) The study of the remains of past materials through scientific analysis is called:
(iv) Examples of mixed farming societies in pre-colonial Africa were:
(v) Which of the following is the cause of the Ngoni Migration?
(vi) Dates can be determined by looking at the:
(vii) In which stage of evolution of man were agriculture and domestication of animals practiced?
(viii) The three main economic activities in pre-colonial African societies were:
(ix) The following are the function of Moran EXCEPT to:
(x) The social factors for interactions among people of Africa were:
2. (a) Match the items in List A with those in List B by writing the correct letter below the corresponding question number in the table provided.
(i) Agents of Industrial Capitalism.
(ii) Centralized feudal state in the inter-lacustrine region.
(iii) Exchange of goods between Western Sudan and North African societies.
(iv) Fante, Akwan, Ife, Yoruba, Buganda, Bunyoro, Chagga, Pare and Haya.
(v) Organiser of people to open up new lands wherever it was available.
(vi) Pokot, Karamajong, Nandi, Shona and Ndebele.
(vii) Tenants and serfs.
(viii) The discovery of fire:
(ix) True man of today.
(x) Use of scientific knowledge to design and make tools of production.
(b) The following sentences are mixed up. Arrange them in chronological order from the first to the last by writing the roman number of each statement in the table provided.
(i) The movement was almost impossible so the caravan season was suitable mainly during dry seasons and at the end of heavy rains.
(ii) They collected commodities from the interior and walked a long distance with their slaves carrying ivory and other commodities to the coast.
(iii) The traders penetrated in the interior of East Africa to find ivory and slaves.
(iv) When the rainy season began the rivers were full and the soft pieces of land were changed into mud.
(v) Following changes of seasons and the period of walking long distances, the traders had to settle down somewhere up country.
SECTION B (40 MARKS)
3. (a) The years and the important historical events that took place in East Africa are shown in The table below. Write the letter of the year against the corresponding event, in the table provided.
(i) Fall of Fort Jesus
(ii) Mombasa city was established on independent sheikhdom
(iii) Singing of Hamerton Treaty
(iv) The start of contact between Africa, Middle East and Far East
(v) Vasco Da Gama reached the coast of East Africa
(b) Write the missing historical facts.
(i) There are two theories of the origin of man which are . . . . . . . . . . . and . . . . . . . . . . . .
(ii) A decade is a period of years. . . . . . . . . . . . .
(iii) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .is the first mode of production in which major means of production are owned and shared by all members of the community.
(iv) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .was the movement of Boers from the cape northwards in search of new land.
(v) A place in which the remains of human beings who lived in the past can be found is called . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
4. (a) The following statements are either correct or not correct. Write TRUE if the statement is correct or FALSE if the statement is not correct.
(i) Civil war was one among the causes of Ngoni Migration.
(ii) Neolithic revolution is the period when man started to live sedentary life.
(iii) During the period of Early Stone Age people had permanent shelters.
(iv) In Age-Set system the division of labour was based on age and colour.
(v) One of the social effects of contact between Africa and Portuguese was the loss of manpower.
(vi) Museums are places for tourists and study tour.
(vii) Olduvai Gorge is a historical site in Kondoa.
(viii) One responsibility of Ntemi was to collect tributes from his subjects.
(ix) One of the economic effects of slave trade was loss of security.
(x) Tropical diseases was one of the reasons for the fall of Portuguese rule in East Africa.
SECTION C (30 MARKS)
Answer any TWO questions from this section.
5. Give one difference between the following historical terms:
(i) Local and long distance trade
(ii) Patrilineal and matrilineal societies
(iii) Ubugabire and Umwinyi.
6. Write an essay about Portuguese invasion along the coastal area of East Africa.
In your essay use the following guidelines:
(i) Background of Portuguese rule
(ii) Reasons for Portuguese invasion
(iii) Positive and negative impacts
7. Briefly explain how the slaves were obtained.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4