Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATION COUNCIL
GEOGRAPHY FTNA 2015
1. For each of the following items (i) — (x), choose the correct answer from the given alternatives and write its letter.
(i)Environment refers to:
(ii)The main source of energy on the earth is:
(iii)Which of the following occurs when three heavenly bodies are in one line?
(iv) Which of the following is an advantage of land reclamation?
(v) Which of the following is the compass bearing of South West?
(vi) The part of the earth which forms continental crust is called:
(vii) The temperature of Pwani which O meters above sea level is 200 Centigrade. What is the approximate temperature for a place 3000 meters above sea level?
2.5 0 C
18 0 C
0.2 0 C
(viii)The system of growing one dominant crop is called:
(ix) Which among the following are the economic uses of water bodies ?
(x) Trees with shallow roots which can tolerate salt condition of sea water are called:
2. Match each item in List A with a correct response in List B by writing its letter bellow the number of the corresponding item in the table provided.
3.For each of the following statements, write T if the statement is correct and F if the statement is not correct.
(i)Forests are always natural .........
(ii)247.50 represents the NNW direction. . ........
(iii)Sustainable mining does not ensure that minerals serve humans for a long time. .........
(iv)Continental shelf is a long and fairly narrow raised part of ocean floor.
(v)Cultural diversity, wildlife, good climate and landscape may favor development of tourism .........
(vi)Hydrosphere refers to water masses. .........
(vii) The Stevenson screen is painted white to reflect light from the moon.
(viii)Renewable energy resources cannot be finished. .........
(ix)Availability of raw materials is not necessary for development of manufacturing industries.
(x) Rotation of the earth causes difference in time between places. .........
4. (a) Mention three ways of locating places on maps.
(b) Name three methods used to measure distance of linear features on a map.
(c) Giving one example for each, name the three ways of expressing scale of a map.
(d) Mention three human activities which cause forests destruction.
5. (a) Distinguish the following terms:
6. Explain five measures which can be taken to ensure the sustainability of forests in Tanzania.
7.Describe five negative effects of crop cultivation to the environment.
8. Describe five uses of petroleum in Tanzania.
9. Explain six advantages of water bodies to human life.
10. Elaborate five tourist honeypots found in Tanzania.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4