PRESIDENT’S OFFICE REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
FORM FOUR PRE – NATIONAL EXAMINATION
TIME: 3 HRS SEPTEMBER 2023
SECTION A: (25 MARKS)
Answer all questions in this section
1. For each of the following items (i) –(xx) choose the correct answer from among the alternatives and write its letter in the answer sheet provided.
i. John is a student of Matogoro Secondary School. He happens to love school but schooling does not love him. He always quarrels with his class teachers to extent of being rude to his teachers. With reference to Exodus 20:12 and Deuteronomy 5:16, what commandment of the Decalogue did John break?
ii. The sons of Adam are:
iii. Genesis 39:5 highlights the story of Joseph that the Lord was with him. While in the house of the Egyptian master, Joseph was attracted to the Egyptian wife and she became source of constant temptation for him. The wife invaded Joseph for sexual relation. As a young boy or girl how would you help Potiphar’s wife to avoid committing adultery?
iv. “Moses… Moses…”put of your shoes from your feet for the place on which you are standing is holy ground”. This quotation was taken from the book of:
v. On the day of the replacement of Judas Iscariot two people were appointed. Who were they?
vi. Where was Joshua the son of Nun buried after he died at the age of 110 year?
vii. Deuteronomy 34 records Moses death in the land of moab and describes Moses as a great prophet than ever to arise. What id that Moses so special and distinct from other prophets?
viii. The following were among the plagues sent by God to the Egyptians during the struggle of Israelite’s liberation except (Ex 7:17;11:10)
ix. What kind of people did Paul debate with in Athens (Acts 17:18)
x. While Peter and John were in Samaria, they encountered Simon the Magician who wanted to offer the Apostles money in exchange with the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:14-25). What does the magician’s demand teach you as the member of the Church?
xi. “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit…” (Acts 2:38). How did the audience respond to this message of Peter on the Pentecost day?
xii. In one occasion, Paul visited Lystra and Derbe in Lycaonia (Acts 14:6-8). While in the cities, the people thought that their pagan gods have come to visit them. How did they call Paul:-
xiii. The sin of Adam and Eve was the sin of disobedience and rejection of God’s love by their defiantly eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. As a consequence, what did they lose in real sense?
xiv. Jephthah vowed that if he defeated the Ammonites, he would……(Judg 11:30-31)
xv. “I have no silver and gold, but I give you what I havr; in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk”Acts 3:6, who said this and whom?
xvi. _______ was the first Christian martyr:-
xvii. Which description shows the reasons for God to commend the life of baby Moses in the hands of the daughter of Pharaoh?
xviii. According to Exodus, which plague made Pharaoh to let the people of Israel go forth from Egypt?
xix. Caleb said, “He who attacks Kiriath-sepher and takes it, I will give him my daughter as a wife” (Judges 1:2). The daughter was called:-
xx. According to Paul’s speech to the church elders at Ephesus (Acts 20:33-35). What notable thing can you recommend from his life and ministry to inspire Tanzania in implementing the motto “Hapa Kazi Tu”
2. Match the names in List A with their corresponding meanings in List B by writing the letter of the correct meaning in the answer booklet (s) provided.
| || |
SECTION B (45 MARKS)
Answer five (5) questions from this section
Including question number three and four which are compulsory
3. Acts 6:1-8:1, speaks of the election of deacons among the disciples after lament came from non-Jewish women.
4. Genesis 3 narrates the story of fall of man
5. Luke 9:28 narrates about the transfiguration of Jesus on the Mountain.
6. Jesus had positive attitude towards Samaritans as opposed to Jewish attitude towards them.
7. According to the Acts 4:32-5:11, the community of the believers lived in one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common:-
8. (a) According to Luke 21:11 nature will show at least five signs of Christ’s coming. Give three of these signs.
(b) What were the last words of Jesus spoke? (Lk 23:46)
(c) Give the three names of the women who saw the Angels at the tomb of Jesus. (Lk 24:10)
9. Describe the following sects:-
10. Account for Paul’s first missionary Journey.
SECTION C: (30 MARKS)
Answer two (2) questions from this section
11. The book of Judges shows the Judges had both authorities, civil authority and charismatic/religious authority, and they led people into good condition of life. Explain on how the Government and the Church can corporate to bring development to their people in the country.
12. In the book of Acts, several persecutions of the first church are narrated. Show how the present church is being persecuted to silence the Gospel of Jesus to be proclaimed to the world.
13. The most popular motto in present days is “KAZI IENDELEE” as it has been reflected by Paul’s speech when he was in Ephesus (Acts 20: 33-35). Explain the importance of work in today’s generation.
FORM FOUR BIBLE EXAM SERIES 188
PRESIDENT’S OFFICE REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
FORM IV MOCK EXAMINATION 2020 DODOMA REGION
014/1 BIBLE KNOWLEDGE 1
Time: 3 Hours Tuesday 11, August 2020 am
1. For each of the following items (i)-(xx) choose the most correct answer and write it in the box provided
i. Covenant according to the Bible means?_____
ii. What could be the sign of the covenant between God and Noah?______
iii. What was the age of Abraham when Isaac was born?_____
iv. The burning bush stands as a sign of the call of ?_______
v. How many plagues God used to punish the Egyptians to let the Israelites free?_____
vi. The person who changed his mind and pursued the people of Israel after letting free to go and worship their God in the desert is?____
vii. Parents whose children were Moses and Aaron are?__________
viii. How many were children of Jacob or Israel?______________
ix. Which son of Jacob was sold to the Ishmaelite traders by his brothers?______
x. At what age was Joseph sold by his brothers to the Ishmaelite Traders?__
xi. Who was the author of the book of Acts of Apostles?___________
xii. Who was the recipient of the book of Acts of the Apostles?____
xiii. What is the main theme of the book of Acts of Apostles?_______
xiv. For how long did Jesus Christ appear to his disciples’ after his resurrection?_____
xv. When Jesus finished giving instructions to his disciples he ascended to go?___
xvi. Who was the Apostle of Jesus Christ who betrayed him?______
xvii. Who was the person chosen by the Disciples to replace the apostle who betrayed Jesus Christ?_____
xviii. How many were the disciples of Jesus Christ including the Apostles after his ascension who made the early Christian community in Jerusalem?_______
xix. What happened to the disciples of Jesus Christ at the Pentecostal day that all were able to speak different languages to make Egyptians, Romans, Asians and all others who listened to them to hear what they were saying about Jesus Christ?________
xx. Which Apostle stood to explain to the audience that the disciples were not drunk but they were speaking in different languages enabled by the Holy Spirit?____
2. Match the items in List A with the correct responses in List B by writing the LETTER of the correct answer in list B beside the items number in list A.
i. The parents of Cain and Abel
ii. The son of Adam and Eve who killed his brother
iii. The person who led the Israelites to enter the promised land of Canaan
iv. The people who were one of them risen from the dead and the other healed by Peter the Apostles
v. There was a Lamman who was healed by the two Apostles, the Apostles names were.....
Answer five questions from this section, question 3 and 4 are compulsory. One question is from the Old Testament and the other question is from the book of Acts of Apostles.
3. There were people who sent by God to the king of Egypt (pharaoh) to ask the king to let free the Israelites and how many plagues were brought by God to punish the Egyptians when they refused to let them free.
a) Mention the names of the people sent by God to pharaoh
b) Mention and explain shortly how were the plagues
4. Acts 2:14-40 narrates about the day of Pentecost. With reference to the narration;
Using the information, you have studied either from the book of Mathew or Luke answer the following questions.
5. By the time when Moses and Jesus were born there were the kings, in fear of their power to be lost they opted to protect their powers against the Israel Children.___
a) Just Mention the names of the king
b) What did they do to children Israel and why?
6. Define the following terms:-
a) Temple b) Synagogue c) Church
7. Explain the following terms:-
a) Pharisees b) Sadducees c) Scribes
8. What are the similarities and differences of the scribes and Tanzanian lawyers?
9. The Pharisees and Sadducees differed from each other with many beliefs and stands. What did each group teach about angels, eternal life and about old testament books? Which group do you think were right. Why do you think so?
10. “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.” (Matthew4:1)
What are the three temptations Jesus got? (03 marks)
What did Jesus use to withstand the temptations? (03 marks)
What can we learn from Jesus when we encounter temptations today? (03 marks)
SECTION C, 3 QUESTIONS
In this section answer only two questions.
11. One of the Ten Commandments can make Tanzanian not to get HIV/AIDS?
a) Mention the commandment and explain how it can help today._____
b) It is said the number of who today get HIV/AIDS is increasing instead of decreasing which are the things missing in the campaigns of stopping the spread of the disease especially to the young people and low educated villagers?
12. If the number of the people who get HIV/AIDS is increasing what could you do if you were made the government minister of the ministry of Health especially about (HIV/AIDS) to young people and the low educated villagers._________
13. Like other countries, Tanzania is a victim of corona virus pandemic, and some people have been suffering from it. Proposing the ways that can make Tanzanians not to get corona?____
a) Can you propose four ways
b) What are you going to do with those who do not follow the safeguarding ways?
FORM FOUR BIBLE EXAM SERIES 4