Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIANATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
PRIMARY SCHOOL LEAVING EXAMINATION
03E SOCIAL STUDIES
Time: 1:30 Hours Thursday, 11thSeptember 2014 a.m.
SECTION A: CIVICS
Choose the correct answer and shade its letter besides the question number in your answer sheet.
1. The role of the School Committee is to
2.The sources of Local Government revenue are
3. In the administrative structure of Local Government, the District or Municipal Council is lead by
4. The black colour in our National flag represents
5. The National Emblem symbolizes
6. The major objective of allowing multiparty system in Tanzania is to
7. An organ which is empowered to supervise the election of the President, Members of
Parliament and Councillors in Tanzania is the
8. The rights to own property falls under which category of human rights?
9. Defence and security of our Nation is the responsibility of
10. One of the functions of the Peoples’ Militia force is to
11. Globalization is a system which emphasize on the presence of
12. What is the meaning of Entrepreneurship?
13. The weaknesses of the United Nations (UNO) include
14. The Chief Justice of Tanzania is appointed by the
SECTION B: HISTORY
15. In which century did the Asian traders arrive in Tanganyika?
16. One of the duties of the clan head before colonialism was to
17. The conference which partitioned Africa was held in
24. An institution which dealt with Labour recruitment in Tanganyika was called
26. Industrial Revolution in Europe took place between the following centuries
27. The East African societies which resisted the colonialists through war include the
29. The crops which were brought by the Portuguese to Tanganyika include
30. European nations which scrambled for the river Nile were
31. The struggle for independence in Africa started after the
32. The scientist who explained the evolution of man was
SECTION C: GEOGRAPHY
33. When the sun is in the southern hemisphere where does the wind blow from?
34. How can the number of people in a certain area be obtained?
35. One of the effects of the rapid population increase in Tanzania is the
36. The rainwater can be harvested and preserved for various uses by using
37. Study the following map then answer the question that follows:
Calculate the area covered with dots in square kilometers if the scale is 1:100000
38. A photograph which depicts dense forest and crops like palms might have been taken from
40. Study the following contour map then answer the question that follows:
What is the name of the landform represented by the letter A?
41. Hygrometer is an instrument which is used to measure
42. The modern and fastest way through which people communicate is
43. What is the time difference in every longitude as the earth spins around its axis?
44. The mineral which is the source of nuclear energy is
45. The essential of a map which is used to elaborate different signs on a map is called
46. One of the following ways prevents the increase of global warming:
47. During the night the sea temperature becomes higher than the land temperature due to the fact that
48. Mangrove is the type of vegetation found along the
49. Latitude, altitude and the distance from the sea are factors that influence
50. It is very easy to prove that the world is spherical by looking at
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4