STD VII ENGLISH ONLINE SELF NECTA TEST FOR YEAR 2011
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
PRIMARY SCHOOL LEAVING EXAMINATION
02 ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Time: 1:30 Hours Thursday, 8thSeptember 2011 a.m.
1. This paper consists of fifty (50) questions in sections A, B, C and D.
2. Answer all the questions.
3. Write the letter of the correct answer for each question in the answer sheet provided.
4. Write your Examination number on your answer sheet.
5. Use a blue or black pen in writing your answer. Answers written in pencil will not be marked.
SECTION A: GRAMMAR
Choose the words that complete the sentences by writing the letters of the correct answer in the answer sheet provided.
1. Juma was told to _____________ grass around the house.
2. We _____________ our new class monitor next week.
3. We _____________ to Unguja by the Sea Express Ferry today.
4. Julius Nyerere _____________ in 1922 in Butiama village.
5. Two weeks ago Mr. Wahi _____________ his son to hospital.
6. In some African traditions the young people are the ones who _____________ the elders.
7. I always _____________ to the market.
8. Last week their father _____________ to visit them.
9. Jacob _____________ his friend Makanja when he was going to the party.
10. We were looking at the wild animals when the rain _____________ .
11. My father looked for his lost cow _____________ one year.
A at B with C by D in
12. Yohana is good _____________ Mathematics.
13. Neither Peter _____________ Ally will sit for the examination.
14. The girl _____________ father died is my cousin.
15. My grandfather may have _____________ good advice for you.
16. “Your shorts are torn, Baraka! You _____________ to buy new ones!” Said Juma.
17. He is _____________ young to go to the University.
18. Mr. Mganga bought a _____________ car in Beijing.
19. His school is _____________ than ours.
20. They have been learning English _____________ 2005.
21. My neighbour went to the bank _____________ he wanted to withdraw some money.
22. _____________ Lucy _____________ Ali is in the group.
Either ____ nor
Either ____ or
Neither ____ or
Not ____ only
Not only ____ and
23. London and Paris are _____________ cities for business and pleasure.
24. This is our friend _____________ wrote a letter to our head teacher.
25. Maregesi is not only big _____________ strong.
26. Is there _____________ sugar in your shop?
27. _____________ the damaged road we managed to continue with our journey.
28. The Mozambican companies run _____________.
29. Our neighbour had a _____________ big house.
30. The food we are eating is very delicious, _____________
SECTION D: COMPREHENSION
Read the following passage carefully then answer questions 41-50 by writing the letter of the correct answer in your answer sheet.
We were living in Dodoma when my father got a job transfer to Arusha. We knew that we would have to move and leave our grandparents. None of the children wanted to leave because we had friends in the village and we did not want to lose them.
When we were told to prepare to leave, we cried because we liked our house and the garden too. Our mother told us that we would like Arusha because it is an interesting place. She told us that there is a snake park with different types of snakes and that we would be visiting the park during holidays. We were excited to hear that.
Our father looked for a lorry and paid the driver to take us and the luggage to Arusha. On Monday, the lorry came. We put our clothes into the bags and packed other things such as tables, chairs, beds and mattresses into the lorry. We then started our journey at 6:00 am ad arrived in Arusha that evening.
Even though we were tired from the long journey, we were happy to arrive at a big house which had a beautiful garden with a variety of flowers. There were many people including children who prepared a welcome party for us, among them was my uncle and aunt. It is true as our mother had said that Arusha is an interesting place.
41. Who got transferred to Arusha?
42. When did the lorry get the family and luggage?
43. Where did they put their clothes?
Into the box
Into the sack
Into the bags
In the house
In the tax.
44. What were the children promised by their mother?
To visit the national park
To buy them clothes
To see Mt. Kilimanjaro
To go to their uncle
To visit the snake park.
45. Which things were packed into the lorry?
Mattresses, food and a cat
Chairs and a computer
Tables, chairs and beds
Clothes, shoes and beds
Tables, cups and plates.
46. Why didn’t the children want to go to Arusha?
Because they had a dog
Because of their cow
Because Arusha is far
Because of their friends
Because they had a big farm.
47. Which relatives were living in Arusha?
Grandfather and uncle
Aunt and Grandfather
Uncle and Grandmother
Grandmother and aunt
Uncle and aunt.
48. Who told them that Arusha is an interesting place?
49. When did they arrive in Arusha?
In the evening
In the afternoon
In the morning
50. Which of the following could be the best title for this passage?