Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
113/1 GEOGRAPHY 1
(For Both School and Private Candidates)
Time: 3 Hours Monday, 07thMay 2018 p.m.
1. This paper consists of sections A and B with a total of nine (9) questions.
2. Answer a total of five (5) questions; two (2) questions from section A and three (3) questions from section B. Question number one (1) is compulsory.
3. In section A, question number one (1) carries 25 marks and the rest 15 marks, while in section B each question carries 20 marks.
4. Credit will be given for the use of relevant sketch maps and diagrams.
5. Map extract of Mbeya (sheet 244/4) is provided.
6. Non programmable calculators may be used.
7. Cellular phones and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room.
8. Write your Examination Number on every page of your answer booklet(s).
Answer question number 1 and any other question from this section.
1. Carefully study the map extract of Mbeya (sheet 244/4) provided and then answer the following questions:
(a) Calculate the area covered by Mbeya Forest Reserve.
(b) What factors are likely to have influenced the location of Mbeya town?
(c) Identify the types and distribution of vegetation cover.
(d) In not less than two points for each, comment on:
(i) Land use.
(ii) Settlement pattern.
(iv) Rock types.
(e) Identify three ways that have been used to show relief.
2. The following table shows population distribution of Tanzania’s 2012 Population Census in five year age groups.
(a) Prepare a bar graph to show the age and sex structure of the population by percentages.
(b) Briefly comment on the nature of the shape of the age and sex structure drawn in (a).
3. Differentiate the following pairs of field research technical terms: (a) Field work and field research.
(b) Research method and research methodology.
(c) Null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
(d) Objectivity in field research and objectives of field research.
(e) Quantitative research and qualitative research.
4. Carefully study the photograph below and then answer the questions that follows:
(a) What type of photograph is this?
(b) Identify three types of economic activities which are carried out in the area. Give evidence for each activity.
(c) Give four factors which might have influenced the economic activities mentioned in (b).
(d) Giving a reason, identify two environmental problems which are likely to face the area.
(e) At what time was the photograph taken? Give reasons for your answer.
(f) Identify the activity which is taking place in the photograph. Give a reason for your answer.
5. Using relevant examples,
(a) describe four major characteristics of karst scenery.
(b) explain six factors influencing the existence of underground water.
6. Examine five causes of temperature inversion and give its three effects.
7. Account for three theories explaining the occurrence of coral reef and atoll.
8. Examine four layers of the atmosphere and in each give three characteristics.
9. Describe the nature, spatial distribution and significance of Fold Mountains.
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
113/2 GEOGRAPHY 2
Time: 3 Hours Thursday, 10thMay 2018 a.m.
1. This paper consists of sections A and B with a total of eight (8) questions.
2. Answer five (5) questions, choosing two (2) questions from section A and three (3) questions from section B.
3. Each question carries twenty (20) marks.
4. Cellular phones and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room.
5. Write your Examination Number on every page of your answer booklet(s).
SECTION A (40 Marks)
Answer two (2) questions from this section.
1. Examine eight factors influencing population density.
2. With the aid of pyramids, compare and contrast population structure of Tanzania and that of Norway. (Provide four points for comparison and four points for contrasting).
3. Giving six points, explain how Tanzania has attempted to manage the rapid population growth.
SECTION B (60 Marks)
Answer three (3) questions from this section.
4. Describe four geographical requirements and four human factors influencing maize production in the USA Corn Belt.
5. Analyse eight factors that have influenced the development of ship-building industry in Japan.
6. Examine eight factors that have led to the successful fishing industries in Russia.
7. Giving eight points, evaluate the contribution of mining to the economic development of Tanzania.
8. Examine eight conditions for the development of tourism in a country.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4