THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION
133/2 BIOLOGY 2
For Both School and Private Candidates)
Time: 3 Hours Tuesday, 15th February 2011 p.m.
1. This paper consists of eight (9) questions in sections A. B and C
2. Answer five questions by choosing at least one (I) question from each section.
3. Each question carries twenty (20) marks.
4. Except for diagrams that must be drawn in pencil, all writing should be in blue or black ink.
5. Cellular phones are not allowed in the examination room.
6. Write your Examination Number on every page of your answer booklet(s).
1.Besides vitamins and hormones which occur only in certain cells in small amounts, list three (3) other most common but important substances of a cell. For each substance, indicate the chemical composition and two sites for production as shown in the table below.
Site of Production
(ii) From the chemical composition shown above, list four main chemical elements which constitute a living matter.