Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION
022 ENGLISH LANGUAGE
(For Both School and Private Candidates)
Time: 3 Hours Year: 2021
SECTION A (15 Marks) Answer all questions in this section.
1. For each of the items (i) - (x), choose the most correct answer from among the given alternatives and write its letter beside the item number in the answer booklet(s) provided.
(i) Which statement is the possible condition of the expression "If I had lost my job, I would have gone abroad?"
(ii) You hear someone saying "She was my friend, wasn't she?" Why did the speaker use the question tag?
(iii) Which statement is the past perfect of 'No sooner did we leave the house than it began to rain'?
(iv) Your friend once said, 'The man was sank in the river but it was the boat which wasdrowned in the same river.' You realised the sentence was incorrect. What was hecorrectly supposed to say?
(v) You have been asked to participate in debate with a topic "African countries should stop from receiving grants from Abroad." As a participant, how do you name the topic under discussion?
(vi) When do you use salutations "Dear Sir/madam" in application letters?
(vii) Your teacher asks you to compose a fictional story by using literary devices and skills. Which among the following is the literary name for the composed story?
(viii) James and Ally were arguing on the importance of education. James said "I think education is of no significance to all human beings." What does James' argumentbased on?
(ix) Which list of elements is in the correct order of occurrence when you are writing a Curriculum Vitae (CV)?
(x) Suppose you have been asked by your teacher to give a speech about a certain topic prior to make preparation. How do we call such improvised speech?
2. Match each sentence in List A with its appropriate tense in List B by writing its letter beside the corresponding item number in the answer booklet provided.
(i) I declare this exhibition open.
(iii) Our new football coach is speaking to my brother.
(v) She was wondering if you could give her a lift.
SECTION B (40 Marks)Answerallquestions in this section.
3.Assume that you want to travel from Dar es Salaam to Dodoma. How would you make a reservation for your journey using telephone? Write your answers using the given question guides in (i) - (iv).
4.Change the meaning of words in item (i) - (iv) by adding a prefix or suffix according to instructions given after each.
5.Construct one sentence to show actions by using each of the given guidelines.
6 Re write correctly each sentence to show possessive case.
7. Consider the following dialogue betweenAll and Janet and then answer the questions that follow.
Ali:Hello, Janet, where are you going?
Janet:I'm going to the playground to watch a football match.
Ali:(laughing) I'm going to the bus stop to receive my brother who is coming from Pemba.Janet: Then you must hurry up.
8. Construct one sentence by using prepositions expressing each of the following function.
SECTION C (45 Marks)Answer three (3) questions from this section.
9. You have attended lessons on creative writing by using literary devices. Compose a two stanza poem with four verses each and identify the following literary devices from the poem you have composed.
LIST OF READINGS FOR QUESTION 10-12
10. "Poets/poetess uses the poetic sound devices to convey messages to the society." Using two poems which are prescribed under this section validate this statement by giving three points in each.
11. "Challenges in life are a source of disappointments for many people in the society in general." Justify this statement by using two plays you have read. Provide three points from each play.
12. Defend the assertion that "ignorance has been one of the barriers towards development." Provide three points from two novels you have read.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4