Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION
(For Both School and Private Candidates)
TIME: 3 Hours Thursday afternoon 11/10/2007
1. This paper consists of sections A, B, C and D.
2. Answer all questions in sections A, B and C and one (1) question from each part of section D.
3. Map extract of Kigoma sheet 92/3 is provided.
4. Credit will be given for the use of relevant sketch maps and diagrams.
5. Cellular phones are not allowed in the examination room.
6. Electronic calculators are not allowed in the examination room.
7. Write your Examination Number on every page of your answer booklet(s)
SECTION A (25 Marks)
Answer all questions in this section.
PHYSICAL AND MATHEMATICAL GEOGRAPHY
1. For each of the items (i) - (x), choose the correct answer from among the given alternatives and write its letter beside the item number.
(i) Clay as a parent rock can be classified as __________ rock.
(ii) Circular depressions which are formed by glaciations in the highlands are
(iii) A drainage pattern, which looks like a tree with its branches is called
(iv) The second layer of the earth’s crust is known as
(v) Wadis, Bajada, Buttes and Mesa are examples of __________ features.
(vi) Which one of the following combinations form chemical weathering?
(vii) A vertical feature formed out of the solidification of magma within the earth’s crust is called
(viii) A coral reef with a circular elliptical shape enclosing a lagoon is called
(ix) If the temperature at 500 metres where the tourists start climbing mount Kilimanjaro is 20°C. What will be the temperature when they reach 2,000 metres above sea level?
(x) The process in which a river renews its erosion in its valley is called
2. Match the items in List A with the responses in List B by writing the letter of the correct response besides the item number.
(i) The galaxy from which the solar system containing the planet earth is found.
(ii) A large area on the earth’s surface with uniform characteristics of temperature, rainfall and vegetation.
(iii) A thin blanket of air surrounding the earth.
(iv) A process that course the wrinkling of the earth’s surface rocks.
(v) The destruction of rocks by temperature change.
3. Explain the formation of barchans and seif dunes.
SECTION B (27 Marks)
Answer all questions this section.
STATISTICS, RESEARCH TECHNIQUES AND SIMPLE SURVEYING AND LEVELLING
4. State the differences between the following types of data:
(a) Discrete and continuous.
(b) Single and grouped.
5. Giving examples, explain how you can conduct a field research.
6. (a) Name the three (3) types of topographical surveying.
(b) What is the importance of chain survey?
SECTION C (28 Marks)
MAP READING AND PHOTOGRAPHY INTERPRETATION
7. Study the map extract of Kigoma sheet 92/3 and answer the following questions.
(a) Outline the importance of scale in a map.
(b) Measure the distance of the railway line.
(c) Calculate the area of Lake Tanganyika.
(d) What factors have influenced the location of Kigoma town?
(e) Explain the main socio-economic activities carried out in the area.
8. Carefully study the photograph provided and answer the questions that follow.
(a) Name the type of the photograph.
(b) State the scale of the photograph.
(c) Explain the main physical features found in the area.
(d) State the main activities of the area.
SECTION D (20 Marks)
Answer one (1) question from each part.
REGIONAL FOCAL STUDIES
9. Explain the main characteristics of nomadic pastoralism in East Africa and suggest the main ways of improving pastoralism in the region.
10. Explain the main factors which have influenced the ship industry in Japan.
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES, POPULATION AND SETTLEMENT
11. (a) Define the term ecosystem.
(b) What are the major causes of the loss of biodiversity?
12. (a) What are the main characteristics of human population?
(b) State the main factors that influence population distribution.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4