Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION
033/1 BIOLOGY 1 (For Both School and Private Candidates)
Time: 3 Hours Wednesday, 07th November 2018 a.m.
This paper consists of sections A, B and C with a total of thirteen (13) questions.
Answer all questions in sections A and B and one (1) question from section C.
Except for diagrams that must be drawn in pencil, all writing should be in blue or black ink.
Calculators, cellular phones and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room.
Write your Examination Number on every page of your answer booklet(s).
SECTION A (20 Marks)
Answer all questions in this section.
For each of the items (i) - (x), choose the correct answer from among the given alternatives and write its letter beside the item number in the answer booklet.
(i) Mitosis normally takes place in
(ii) Which of the following is the symptom of the disease caused by lack of protein in children?
(iii) flow many gametes are produced from one cell during meiosis?
(iv) Which of the following is the excretory organ in human?
(v) Which of the following hormones stimulates seed germination in plants?
(vi) A joint which allows rotation in all planes is called
(vii) In which environmental condition the loss of water vapour from plants is mostly favourable?
(viii) The function of the bright coloured petals in flowers is
(ix) The function of hydrochloric acid in food testing experiment is
(x) The interaction between two species in which both organisms benefit is known as
2. Match the phrases in List A with the responses in List B by writing the letter of the correct response from List B beside the item number of List A in your answer booklet.
Larvae released in water by snails before infecting human and cause the disease.
A pandemic disease caused by virus and has no cure to the moment.
An endemic disease characterized by periodic fever, vomiting and joint pain and sometimes death.
A disease caused by deficiency of carbohydrates in humans.
A deficiency disease caused by lack of vitamin C.
An epidemic disease diagnosed by the extreme fluid loss and diarrhea looking like rice water.
An air bone disease diagnosed by prolonged coughing and sputum contain blood.
Malnutrition disorder identified by swellings of stomach, thin limbs, thin and pale hairs in children.
A disorder characterized by failure of blood clotting.
A sexually transmitted disease which shows painless sore in various parts of the body.
SECTION B (60 Marks) Answer all questions in this section. All questions carry 8 marks except question three (3) and seven (7) which carry 6 marks each.
3. (a) Differentiate the term "Biological apparatus" from "Biology Laboratory".
(b) Briefly explain why the following substances are dangerous?
4. (a) Give the meaning the following terms as used iri Biology:
(b) (i) State two advantages of blood transfusion.
(ii) Outline four precautions to be taken during blood transfusion.
5. (a) Explain the distinctive features of the Division Filicinophyta.
(b) Draw a well labeled diagram of a fern plant.
6. (a) Describe the stages of human post-natal growth and development.
(b) What do you understand by a term "primary growth" in plants?
7. (a) Briefly explain the process of menstruation in human being.
(b) Mention two types of the common disorders of human reproductive system.
8. (a) List any four macro-elements in plant nutrition.
(b) Explain the causes of any three common disorders and diseases of the human digestive system.
9. (a) A newly married couple expects a baby. Using a genetic cross, work out the probability of their first born child being a boy.
(b) Give the meaning of the following terminologies as used in genetics:
(i) Sex linked genes
(ii) Sex determination
10. (a) Give the meaning of the following Biological terms as used in the ecosystem:
(b) Construct a feeding relationship which accommodates the following organisms:
Grasses, Goat, Sheep, Shrubs and Man.
SECTION C (20 Marks)
Answer one (1) question from this section.
11. Elaborate four causes and five preventive measures of drug abuse.
12. With the aid of a well labelled diagram, describe the urinary system and explain the process of urine formation in human beings.
13. Describe four evidences of organic evolution.
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4