Schemes Of Work 100% Completed
Lesson Notes 100% Complete
Necta Reviews 90% Complete
Lesson Plan For Teachers 60% Complete
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA
FORM TWO NATIONAL ASSESSMENT
041 BASIC MATHEMATICS
Time: 2:30 Hours Wednesday, 16th November 2016 a.m.
1. This paper consists of ten (10) compulsory questions.
2. Show clearly all the working and answers in the space provided.
3. All writing must be in blue or black ink except drawings which must be in pencil.
4. Four figure mathematical tables, geometric instruments and graph papers may be used where necessary.
5. All communication devices, calculators and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room.
6. Write your Examination Number at the top right hand corner of every page.
1.(a) Calculate the sum of the prime numbers between 70 and 90.
(b)if x = 6, y= -14 and z = 16, find the value of
2.(a) Lightness, Nancy and Zawadi shared some money, Zawadi got of
the money, Nancy got of the remaining money. What fraction of the money did Lightness get?
(b)In a class of 40 students, 5 of them are absent. What percent is present?
3.(a) A container holds 20 litres of milk. If 50 bottles of milk are needed to fill the container, how many millilitres of milk does each bottle hold? (Use 1 litre = 1,000 millilitres).
(b) Calculate the following:
(i)(70kg 49g) - (38kg 95g)
(ii)(6km 4 m) - (4 km 11 m)
4.(a) Calculate the size of the angle marked x in the following figure:
(b) Use the following figure to:
(i)Find the value of in and n.
(ii)Determine the number of triangles.
5. (a) Solve for x in the inequality 3x-4≥ x+16
(b) Solve the following pairs of simultaneous equations by the elimination method
6. In a class of 40 students, 24 students study Geography and 21 students study History. Use Venn diagrams to find the number of students who study both Geography and History.
7. The angle of elevation of the top of a tower from a point on the ground 75 metres from the foot of the tower is 25°. Find the height of the tower to the nearest metre.
8. (a) Calculate the area and the perimeter of the following trapezium:
(b) Find area of the Shaded region
9. (a) Given angle LMT = angle LNT, use the following figure to prove that LM= LN
(b) and AC = 20cm, RP = 10 cm, RQ = 12cm and PQ 9cm.
Find the length of AB and BC
10.The following table shows marks for a Form Two History monthly test:
Marks in %
No. of studs.
(a)What is the lowest mark?
(b)What is he highest mark?
(c)Which mark is scored by the greatest number of students?
(d)If 60% is the pass mark in the test, how many students failed?
(e) How many students are in Form Two class
Get Schemes Of Work In Zero Waiting Time
Biology Made Simple Step 4 Ready On The Market!Get Your Copy Now
Chemistry Made Simple Step 1
Chemistry Made Simple Step 2
Chemistry Made Simple Step 3
Chemistry Made Simple Step 4