(a) Write your answers in the space provided for each question.
(i) The passage is all about..........
(ii) State what the writer thinks about people above 18 years.
(iii) According to the passage, education helps children to ......
(iv) Mention the group of rights children are denied of, if they are not allowed to play... ...... .
(v) List one responsibility children have towards others ..........
(vi) Children who do not have the right to participation are denied the opportunity toView Ans
(b) For each of the statements below, write TRUE if the statement is correct or FALSE if the statement is incorrect.
(i) The duty to tolerate and respect others' views falls under participation rights
(ii) Apart from rights, all children have duties or responsibilities..........
(iii) Children have the right to eat plenty of food and waste very little
(iv) According to the passage, children have the right to learn from their mistakesView Ans
2. Write a summary of what Nyerere did after retirement in three sentences.
The late J. K. Nyerere retired as president in 1985, though he remained leader of his CCM party until 1990, when he moved back to his home village in Butiama. After retirement, he travelled around the world becoming a spokesman for developing countries. He also continued working for African peace and unity in 1990s, playing a major part in bringing peace to both Rwanda and Burundi.View Ans
3. Match the items in column A with those in column B to make meaningful sentences by writing the correct letter in B below the corresponding item number in A. Item (i) has been done as an example.
(i) Could I borrow your bicycle?
(ii) His watch is not as beautiful
(iii) I prefer watching football
(iv) It is good to do physical
(v)Many people will die of
(vi) Neither a door nor a window
4. Rearrange the following sentences in a logical sequence to make a meaningful recipe (set of instructions) on how to cook rice. Item I has been done as an example.
5. Write a telephone message to your sister to inform her that you are going to spend your holidays with her. Include the following information:
PATTERNS AND VOCABULARY
6. Study the dictionary extract given below and answer the following questions
Boot/ Butt/ Noun
(a) What do you learn from the word "boot"?
(i) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(ii) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(iii) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(b) Use the word "boot" to construct two sentences of you own
(i) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(ii) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View Ans
7. Complete the following sentences with the correct word from the brackets.
(i) Give me the pen using your.......(right, write) hand.
(ii) Amina has to ......(by, buy) all the required goods.
(iii) Students are ...... (living, leaving) for Arusha tomorrow.
(iv) We don't have time to......(west, waste).
(v) Oh I' m sorry. I don't ..... (fill, feel) well today.
8. Re-write the following sentences according to the instructions given after each.
(i) I will do it for you. (Re-write using: going to )
(ii) He drinks and smokes. (Re-write using: Not only )
(iii) He ran to the station, but he missed the train. (Begin: Although)
(iv) I go to the well so as to fetch water. (Use:.. . in order to )
(v) Elija is very weak. He can't walk alone. (Join the sentences using: too ........to)
(vi) "Don't come to class today," he told me. (Begin: He told me )
(vii) Gold is more expensive than charcoal. (Begin: Charcoal is
(viii) Mwanaisha plays football. Eliza plays football too. (join using: Both ...... ...)
(ix) This is the girl. Her parents had an accident. (Join the sentences using: "whose" )
(x) The crocodile attacked the fisherman. (Begin: The fisherman)View Ans
9. Below is a plan your class made for a visit to Manyara National Park.
Imagining you made the visit as planned; record all the events in your diary.
8:00 a.m.: Complete making reservations for the trip.
1:00 p.m.: Pack food, water and other necessities for the trip.
8:00 a.m.: Depart for Arusha from the school yard.
1:00 p.m.: Arrive in Arusha
7:00 p.m.: Take dinner at Golden Rose Hotel.
8:00 a.m.: Depart for Manyara after breakfast
11:00 a.m.: Arrive at Manyara National Park
Noon: Spend the whole noon viewing animals in the Park
Evening: Travel back to Arusha for an overnight stay.
8:00 a.m.: Start journey back to schoolView Ans
10. Complete the following puzzle using the names of birds given in the bo below:
cock crow duck goose hen ostrich owl peacock pigeon swan vulture
"SWAN" is done as an example
11. Select Five characters from One class reader you have read and briefly
explain what he/she did.
Mabala the Farmer
Hawa the Bus Driver
Kalulu the Hare
The Magic Garden
The Death Factory
Any other relevant class reader done in Forms 1 and 2.View Ans
12. Read the following poem carefully, then answer the questions that follow.
The glowing pride in my heart
Shine brightly with delight
Like birds singing in the sky
I feel great and high.
Dad, mum and friends
Together hold your hands
To celebrate and sing with me Songs of pride and glee
The dream has come true The exams I went through!
(1) How is the poet feeling? .....
(ii) Why is he/she feeling so? .... ..... .
(iii) How many characters are in the poem? ..........
(iv) Write down two words which rhyme ..........
(v) Copy down one line which is an example of a simile.View Ans