STD IV ENGLISH ONLINE NECTA EXAM REVIEW FOR YEAR 2018
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
STANDARD FOUR NATIONALASSESSMENTS
2018 – ENGLISH
1. Listen to the sentences read by the teacher and write them in spaces i - v.
View Answer 1. Listen to the sentences read by the teacher and write them in spaces i - v.View Answer 1. Listen to the sentences read by the teacher and write them in spaces i - v.View Answer 1. Listen to the sentences read by the teacher and write them in spaces i - v.View Answer 1. Listen to the sentences read by the teacher and write them in spaces i - v.View Answer
SECTION B VOCABULARY
2. Choose the most correct answer in (i)- (v) and then write its letter in yourexercise book.
If a watch reads 2:00, it is
half past two
half past eight
I want to buy a pair of shoes, but Idon't know its
Musa repairs and makes cars, so he is
She grows maize, beans, cassava and coconuts in her farm. She is a
A list of foods in a hotel is called a
3. Fill in the blanks in (i) to (v) with correct words provided in the box to make the sentences meaningful.
4. Complete the following passage by filling in the blanks with the correct words provided in the box.
Malaria is one of the dangerous(i)... in Africa. It can cause death. It is transmitted by a female mosquito called (ii) ...... This mosquito bites at night. The signsof malaria include fever and shivering. In order to prevent malaria, we have to wear long sleeved shirts and light coloured clothes in the(iii)......... This is because black colours(iv)mosquitoes. Therefore, white coloured clothes are better than black coloured ones. We also have to sleep under (v)nets.
5. Read the following passage carefully and then write the answers to items (i) - (v)in the spaces provided.
My name is Ally. I am 10 years old.
I am in Standard Four. My brothers are Juma and Abdallah. They teach at Mwongozo Secondary School. My sisters are Aisha and Amina. Aisha is eleven years old. She is in Standard Seven. We study together at Mbuyuni Primary School. Amina is nine yearsolder than Aisha. She has a shop. She sells rice, sugar, maize, flour, beans and bread. She is a very hardworking person. Many people like to buy things from her shop because she uses polite language. We all live in Babati town.